Company Description: The mission of the Northern Berkshire Community Coalition is "Empowering the Northern Berkshire region to enhance the quality of life through our efforts at connecting, convening, and supporting all facets of the community." For the past 33 years the nbCC has brought people together and worked with the community to create programs that address local issues.
Family Resource Center Clinician
Current licensure - Preference: Required
The Family Resource Center (FRC) Clinician will provide Comprehensive Mental Health Assessments, including the Family Strengths and Needs Assessment (FSNA) assessment; short term treatment; and Care Planning to Youth and Families of the FRC.
When you apply, please include a cover letter detailing your qualifications and why you're interested in this position, along with three references.
Reports to: Program Director of the Child and Adolescent Outpatient Services @ The Brien Center
Essential Job Functions
• Complete diagnostic mental health/substance abuse assessment and provide treatment in individual, family and group.
• Provide CANS assessment to each youth referred.
• Provide referral services to appropriate services as indicated by the clinical Assessment and CANS
• Deliver treatment and assessment on to families and youth at the FRC and in the families’ home if indicated
• Deliver treatment in sub-contractors facilities and the designated Family Resource Centers
• Develop a Care Plan and Family Support Plan for all Children Requiring Assistance (CRA) referred Youth
• Maintain client records, completing all necessary paperwork in a timely manner including required State documents and authorizations
• Coordinate treatment components and communicate with all collateral agents and The Contractors for FRC.
• Follow policies of the FRC and the Lead Agency administering the FRC RFR.
• Provide treatment, if needed, within guidelines established by the Brien Center and the FRC
• Follow all policies or the Brien Center and the FRCs
• Provide consultation to community agencies on mental health/substance abuse issues upon request
• Consult to sub-contractors on treatment planning
• Provide Wraparound care planning for all youth and families
• Participate in Milieu activities are indicated by the FRC.
• Maintain client records, completing all necessary paperwork in a timely manner
• Maintain required productivity level
• Complete all documentation and reporting to the State as directed by the FRC
• Participate in regularly scheduled supervision
• Consultation and supervision to BA level staff, Family Partners, Family Support Workers and/or graduate or undergraduate students
• Attend required meetings and agency trainings
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor and the FRC
• Current licensure and 5 years experience as a licensed Clinician required
• CANS certification is required within first week of employment
• Experience working with Children and their Families in a clinical setting
• Diagnostic and treatment knowledge and skill
• Knowledge of services and human service agencies in Berkshire County
• Extensive knowledge of the dynamics of mental health/substance abuse treatment, intervention and education
• Experience in providing individual and group mental health/substance abuse and family counseling
• Knowledge of community resources
• Ability to work on interdisciplinary team
• Excellent oral & presentation skills
• Leadership talent and the ability to delegate effectively
• Working knowledge of computers
• Knowledge of community resources
• Support and maintain the principles and policies of the agency and of the FRC
• Flexibly respond to program scheduling needs, this may include some evening work to meet the needs of families and of the FRC
• Communicate a sense of hopefulness and respect for consumer rights, including Family and Youth Voice and Choice
• Represent the agency in a professional manner in all community contacts
• Demonstrate a commitment to the Agency’s mission, the mission of the FRC and community mental health principles
• Works in office; temperature regulated and outreach sites including client’s homes and sub- contractors buildings
• Facilitate groups in other community locations
• Manual & visual dexterity; correctable
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions
Boxcar Media, LLC North Adams, MA 01247 Tel: 413-663-3384 / Fax: 413-664-4251 Email: email@example.com