This position provides administrative support to various functions at the elementary school using a variety of computer systems. Serves as secretary to the Principal/Assistant Principal as a facilitator for the school and public being served in communicating information, problem solving, material acquisition, cash handling, and record keeping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Perform general office duties including answering phones, taking messages, routes calls, typing, filing records and reports, sorting and handling incoming and outgoing mail.
2. Greet parents, students and staff in main office and direct as appropriate providing guest badges etc. in a polite and professional manner.
3. Prepares and distributes correspondence and mailings related to school site function as directed by the Principal and/or Assistant Principal.
4. Prepares, maintains, and submits state and federal requirements and reports as directed by the Principal (SIMS).
5. Maintains and distributes daily memos.
6. Maintains school records and discipline data.
7. Manages site-based school attendance tracking for students. Communicates and provides the District office completed staff time off request sheets weekly.
8. Manages unplanned absences by taking phone calls, initiating time off request sheets and calling substitutes for proper coverage.
9. Serves as a member of the Crisis Response Team and maintains classroom go-kits and crisis/reunification materials.
10. Produces, publicizes and maintains the school directory.
11. Inventories, orders and stocks supplies for building, staff, and student supplies. Inputs orders and coordinates with vendors for timely delivery. Manages receivables upon arrival.
12. Ability to operate standard office equipment and maintain a well-organized office environment and computer desktop.
13. Assists with new enrollment, and provides registration process for new students.
14. Schedules parent/teacher conferences as needed.
15. Maintains record keeping for student activity fund.
17. Monitors students who are sent to the office for discipline reasons.
18. Upholds the monthly and yearly calendar.
19. Schedules transportation(buses) for field trips
20. Manages staff leaves and arranges substitutes.
21. Occasional tasks associated with the collective bargaining procedures
22. Other duties may be assigned as needed.