Loss Prevention Associate
The Loss Prevention Associate primary responsibility is to prevent/recover loss, protect company assets, and maintain a safe business environment. Support store's efforts in providing the best customer service and sales. Under supervision and established procedures, the Loss Prevention Associate detects and apprehends shoplifters, monitors for dishonest employee and vendor activity, and performs various store audits, training & compliance, company safety program, and other operational duties.
Essential Functions include but not limited to:
- Respond to customer and staff accidents/incidents to facilitate first aid and minimize company liability.
- Recover stolen merchandise and apprehend shoplifters and other people who commit fraud or other criminal acts against the company
- Investigate crimes against the person or property of any customer or associate that is committed on company premises.
- Have knowledge of and maintain strict compliance with the law and company policies concerning apprehensions, searches and seizures, and the preservation of evidence. Able to maintain strong confidentiality.
- Promote safety and shortage awareness, and theft prevention. Assist in safety training.
- Conduct safety and store (POS and Inventory) audits, special assignments, investigations, and surveillance as directed by the Loss Prevention Director. Prepare prompt & complete report and documentation relative to these and other safety and theft incidents.
- Analyze EBR reporting to identify fraud pattern. (Detailed oriented, analytical, proactive and naturally inquisitive).
- LP has a direct training/operational support role and business partnership with front end, café and ecommerce departments.
- Will assist with major holiday parking lot traffic direction with other staff at the stores.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- Must be at least 18 Years old.
- Minimum at least 1 year of retail loss prevention experience REQUIRED.
- Minimum 1 year of floor theft detection without the use of CCTV IS A PLUS.
- Theft detection and operations experience involving self-checkouts a PLUS.
- Past Exception reporting experience desired but will train the right candidate. Must already be computer literate and proficient with general navigation. These systems you may have used include Aspect LP, XBR, or Agilence (or a variation of these in house systems at other retailers). Gather, compile, and interpret data.
- Education/Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent minimum.
- Loss Prevention Certification: Loss Prevention Qualified or Loss Prevention Certified is a PLUS
- Proven Loss Prevention track record is a PLUS.
- Front End Operations experience a PLUS.
- Ability to get CPR/AED/First Aid certified within 3 months of employment.
- Work Hours: Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which include day, evening, weekends, some after hours, and/or holidays. But note, flexibility exists on the Guido’s side too.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality REQUIRED.
- Valid driver’ license and dependable transportation REQUIRED.
- Work location will consist of both Pittsfield AND Great Barrington locations. There may be offsite and out of town training, meeting and conferences.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions.
- Reasoning Ability: Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- Physical Demands: This position can involve constant moving and standing. Involves lifting at least 30lbs, reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. Reaching above eye level. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Must already be comfortable and able to operate computers, camera system and other surveillance equipment.
- Ability to think and act clearly in possible stressful and hostile situations. Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team. Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
Please provide cover letter and professional references as it relates to your past Loss Prevention experience, including at least one manager/supervisor.
This position is also subject to a background check, no felony convictions.