Company Description: Excelsior Integrated is a leader in the emerging product and marketing fulfillment space. We offer outsourced fulfillment and logistics services for ecommerce businesses as well as companies with complex marketing operations. Our back-end order fulfillment system and front-end online web application are central components of our business and are essential to growth moving forward. Located in Lee, MA (Berkshire County), we serve clients located across North America and internationally. We offer competitive salary, benefits, and a high-energy environment with a lot of room for personal and professional growth.
Excelsior Integrated (EI) provides order fulfillment, shipping, warehousing, and other logistics services to e-commerce brands. Our Mission is to be the best Third-Party Logistics (3PL) for small to medium sized e-commerce retailers. We operate out of 2 facilities: Lee, MA and Fresno, CA. Excelsior currently employs over 50 people in various full time, part time and seasonal categories. Our values include an ongoing focus on 4 Core Commitments: Customer Care, Operational Excellence, Our People, and Financial Health.
Reporting to the CEO/CFO and working closely with the COO and other management, the Controller’s responsibilities overall financial reporting, payroll, controls, budgeting, and management reports, as well as relationships with auditors, banks, insurance and benefits providers. In addition, this position works with outside consultants and helps develop and administer policies regarding hiring, benefits, discipline, record keeping. Other duties will include being a part of Excelsior’s Continuous Improvement/Lean and Safety efforts, and cost analysis for pricing or profitability improvements.
Job Duties: (includes but not limited to the following)
• Prepare, analyze & distribute monthly P+L, Balance Sheet and management reporting – financial dashboards & charts
• Manage cash flow – billing frequency, collections, Advance Deposits, etc.
• Weekly review of A/R, A/P and cash disbursements
• Prepare year end reports for CPA and annual audit
• Manage bi-weekly payroll, benefits, year end W2’s, 1099’s and ACA reporting
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with accuracy and an attention to detail. High degree of organization, self-motivation, and comfort working with multiple projects and priorities.
• Good judgment and tact with customers, vendors, employees and business situations
• Coordinate with Director of Operations to forecast & hire staffing requirements for peak periods
• Maintain all current job descriptions and update corporate structure as required
• Ability to learn new things and solve problems
• Other tasks as assigned, including cross-training of self and others as backups, and/or filling in or rotating in other positions as company workload requires
Qualifications and Skills:
• Accounting/Finance experience in a manufacturing business
• Advanced computer skills for Excel, QuickBooks and internet applications. Paylocity payroll system a plus.
• Strong communication skills: written, verbal, good listener etc.
• Analytical problem solver; cost and pricing experience.
• 5+ Years’ Experience with payroll, benefits administration, dealing with employee issues/questions.
• 8+ Years’ Experience working with management teams, customers and vendors
• Familiarity with online and local job search resources and online employment tools a plus
• Positive attitude and favorably represent EI
• Effectively work in an office and warehouse environment.
• Self-starter with ability and confidence to work closely with staff from all levels of the organization
• Must be dependable, well organized, courteous and prompt