Company Description: The mission of the North Adams Public Schools is to provide all students with the values, knowledge, and skills needed to reach their full potential, with the ultimate goal of becoming lifelong learners and productive members of the 21st Century.
As a district, we are committed to providing a safe environment in which all individuals embrace the core values of diversity, inclusiveness, shared community responsibility, breadth of learning, and continuous growth and improvement.
Grade 5/6 Classroom Teachers
Massachusetts DESE certification as Elementary Teacher 1-6 - Preference: Required
Current vacancies include (2) Grade 5/6 Classroom Teachers and (1) Grade 5/6 Science Teacher.
Seeking candidate who will:
• Creatively provide instruction that incorporates state curricular frameworks that demonstrates an understanding of the grade level standards and how to develop this understanding in all students.
• Administer formative assessments in accordance with district guidelines.
• Set ambitious learning goals for all students, create cognitively demanding tasks, and models the belief that all students can master challenging material through effective effort.
• Assess students’ understanding regularly with ambitious learning goals in mind and take ownership of making necessary adjustments to instruction to reach these goals
• Are passionate and optimistic about their students, their content, and the teaching profession.
• Actively create and maintain an environment in which students’ diverse backgrounds, identities, strengths and challenges are respected.
• Works to engage parents in the activities and learning of their students.
• Works collaboratively with colleagues to continuously improve the academic and social emotional culture of the school.
• Implements district learning goals as identified by District and School Improvement Plans.
A more complete description can be found on our website www.napsk12.org under employment opportunities.
The Committee's policy of nondiscrimination will extend to students, staff, the general public, and individuals with whom it does business; No person shall be excluded from or discriminated against in admission to a public school of any town or in obtaining the advantages, privileges, and courses of study of such public school on account of age, race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or homelessness.
Required: Massachusetts DESE Certification as Elementary Teacher Grades 1-6. Bachelors Degree.
Science Teacher position requires Massachusetts DESE licensure as Grade 5/6 Science Teacher.
Preferred: Prior work experience as an Elementary Teacher. Masters Degree.
Physical Requirements: The position requires a moderate amount of walking, standing, sitting and climbing stairs and step stool whenever necessary. Activities also include moderate physical exertion in body movement such as reaching, bending, twisting, grasping, pushing, and pulling of objects. The position requires lifting objects of 20 pounds on a frequent basis, and over 20 pounds occasionally. There is a frequent requirement of fine manipulation associated with the required use of a computer, typewriter, keyboard, calculator, and other business machines.
Environmental Conditions: The occupant is required to work indoors. The regular chemical solvents are toners and cleaning fluids. The occupant may also come into contact with ink, chalk, and other materials associated with the teaching process.