Company Description: Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Berkshire Family YMCA, you’ll discover more than a job – you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Our staff members – of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences – enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
If you want to work in an environment that promotes Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility, please consider the Berkshire Family YMCA.
Membership and Communications Associate
To Commensurate With Experience
High School or Equivalent
Nice to have
Under the direct supervision of the Association Membership & Fitness Director in harmony with the core values of this organization and in accordance with the policies of the organization, the Member Services and Communications Associate will be directly responsible for providing the highest quality service to members and the community; answer or direct inquiries; comply with Y-USA branding standards; and support the organization’s communications efforts.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Greet and assist all members, potential members and staff in a courteous, professional and friendly manner, striving for excellence. Be enthusiastic towards members by learning their names and expressing an interest in their YMCA activities. Make sure no member is left unattended.
• Respond to members' needs. Contact appropriate personnel when necessary. Direct complaints in a courteous manner. Use appropriate forms to communicate concerns or praise.
• Follow proper procedures for group memberships, Nationwide Membership and guests who come in to use the facility by properly checking them in at the Welcome Center desk. Follow guest guidelines.
• Communicate in a friendly and a courteous manner when answering phones, transferring calls, and taking messages.
• Maintain the security, cleanliness, and order of the Welcome Center desk at all times.
• Maintain organization of files, including alphabetizing.
• Responsible for following proper procedures for all business transactions and accurately reconciling daily cash drawer.
• Ability to work independently, take initiative and pay attention to detail are essential
• Present a professional image to all employees, members, and general public. Wear lanyard with nametag, and adhere to dress standards at all times.
• Promote membership and program enrollment, including cause-driven facility tours, volunteer opportunities, and Financial Assistance.
• Complete communications, marketing and development/fundraising tasks as assigned, including the creation of branded materials for the organization, including print, social media, email and website content.
• Attend all designated staff meetings.
• If unable to work due to sickness, vacation, etc. Responsible for contacting supervisor, finding shift coverage, and keeping supervisor posted on who will be working in your place.
The Member Services and Communications Associate must demonstrate a personal commitment to the mission of the YMCA. This position requires a person who must demonstrate an ability to work effectively with people by being a team player, humble and engaging. This position requires good organizational skills, strong human relation skills, general knowledge of business procedures, good communication skills (verbal and written), willingness to adapt to change and knowledge about YMCA operational procedures and programs. This person must have customer service experience, a working knowledge of operating computers, knowledgeable on excel, comfortable on social media, must be dressed according to dress code, friendly, and exhibit good health habits. The ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationship with staff, volunteers, members and community is essential. The Member Services and Communications Associate is expected to complete all procedures related to the enrollment or validation of members and program participants, registering for programs, answering telephone and responding to member questions. Additionally, this person will support the communications, marketing and development/fundraising efforts of the organization by developing branded materials for the association, including print, social media, email and website content. This person must be available nights and weekends. Shifts available in both Pittsfield and North Adams branches.