Company Description: Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Berkshire Family YMCA, you’ll discover more than a job – you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Our staff members – of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences – enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
If you want to work in an environment that promotes Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility, please consider the Berkshire Family YMCA.
Additional Business Name: Berkshire Family YMCA-Pittsfield Branch
$10.78 Per Hour
Lifeguard Certification - Preference: Required
Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals and promotes safety in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Builds positive relationships with members and program participants through effective listening and verbal skills and creatively finds ways to connect them to one another and the Y community.
• Maintains active surveillance of the pool area
• Knows and reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, procedures, and the “safe-in-six” model; completes related reports as required
• Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies, and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area
• Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state health department code
• Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed
• Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving
• Performs chemical testing when not guarding, as required, and takes appropriate action
• Identifies and celebrates the successes of members and program participants
• Attends all staff meetings and in-service training
• Performs other duties as assigned
Current Lifeguard Certification - American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification Course offered @ Bennington Rec Center June 19, 20 & 21, 2019,
655 Gage St.
Bennington, VT 05201.
Cost is $200 for certification & $100 for re-certification.