Company Description: Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts (MCLA) is a dynamic and vibrant four-year public college located in the beautiful Berkshire Hills of Western Massachusetts. Founded in 1894, MCLA is the Commonwealth's public liberal arts college of the Massachusetts State University System. MCLA is a member of the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges (COPLAC), a national consortium positioned at the forefront of the conversation on the value of a liberal arts education. MCLA was named one of U.S. News and World Report's Top Public Schools in 2018.
Education Advising Director
North Adams, North Adams
The Education Advising Director will lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive advising system (starting with prospective students and ending with career placement) for undergraduate and graduate Education students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Along with faculty, advises a group of undergraduate and graduate students and connects students with additional resources whenever necessary.
* Plans and implements orientation and informational sessions a few times a year for current Education students.
* Updates and maintains Education-related advising documents for access by students, faculty, and staff across the college.
* Creates a system to update and maintain documents that specifies the ways in which Education students meet state requirements, including Subject Matter Knowledge (SMK) standards and Professional Standards for Teachers (PSTs).
* Attends Department or College committee meetings as requested or assigned.
* Degree of at least masters level or equivalent, or bachelors and commensurate experience.
* Minimum one year experience working with undergraduate and/or graduate students, ideally in some type of advising role.
* Strong familiarity with online and collaborative tools, such as those in Learning Management Systems, College registration systems, and document sharing.
* Ability to work with faculty, staff, and students in a college setting.
* Strong attention to detail.