Company Description: Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts (MCLA) is a dynamic and vibrant four-year public college located in the beautiful Berkshire Hills of Western Massachusetts. Founded in 1894, MCLA is the Commonwealth's public liberal arts college of the Massachusetts State University System. MCLA is a member of the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges (COPLAC), a national consortium positioned at the forefront of the conversation on the value of a liberal arts education. MCLA was named one of U.S. News and World Report's Top Public Schools in 2018.
Alumni Communications and Engagement Associate
MCLA is accepting applications for an Alumni Communications and Engagement Associate. The Associate works with the Director of Alumni Engagement & Donor Relations to implement a comprehensive schedule of activities and communications that involve alumni and donors with the college, including print and electronic communications for regional events, recent alumni activities, donor recognition and stewardship activities, and support for the work of the Alumni Board. The Associate takes direction from the Director to plan, prioritize and implement this work, and has frequent contact with colleagues across campus, alumni volunteers, and members of the general alumni body. The Associate exercises analysis and creativity to ensure that communications, events, and other alumni interactions are effective, and further the educational mission of MCLA.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
* Assist the Director in planning and implementing events and activities that engage a diverse selection of MCLA alumni including but not limited to the annual Reunion and Homecoming weekends; affinity, campus-based, and regional events; and student outreach.
* Under the Director's supervision and in coordination with Advancement and campus staff, oversee the production and logistics of complex and large-scale alumni and donor relations communication projects; and create and distribute a regular series of smaller-scale print and electronic communications to keep alumni informed about the college. Projects may include the alumni magazine, electronic newsletter, endowment reports, impact and financial reports, mass and targeted mailings, and email blasts.
* Maintain MCLA Alumni digital presence including alumni web pages, the Net Community (on-line alumni community), and alumni presence on social networking applications such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Flickr and produce regular reports on engagement and usage.
* Works with Director and other Advancement and campus staff to assure coordination and development of total alumni relations and donor relations program; recommends long and short-range goals and overall direction of programs.
* With the Director, provides support and guidance for the MCLA Alumni Association Board, by preparing meeting materials, supporting committees, and handling tasks associated with the Board's activities.
* Compiles donor relations correspondence and assists in drafting correspondence as needed.
* Use the Advancement database system for research and reporting to assist the Director to connecting with alumni, and ensures that documentation including attendance and contact reports are inputted into the database appropriately.
* Participate in Advancement Office staff meetings and activities.
* Assist with other Advancement programs and events or creative projects as assigned by the Director.
* Bachelor's degree and 1-3 years' experience in a professional office setting, preferably in development or alumni relations.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* A high regard for confidentiality and sensitivity in dealing with volunteers, alumni, and colleagues in a professional environment.
* Computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite, and knowledge of database systems, preferably Raiser's Edge.
* Experience in electronic communications, web management and social media.
* Strong organizational and analytic skills, with attention to detail and ability to manage multiple and competing projects on an ongoing basis.
* Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed.
* Commitment to the educational mission of MCLA.
This is a full-time, benefited position within the APA Bargaining Unit. The salary range for this position is $40,000 to $43,000 per year. Applications are due January 20th, 2019.
Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and affirmative action in its educational programs, activities and employment practices. The college complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. Applicants who will enrich the diversity of the campus community are strongly encouraged to apply. Visit www.mcla.edu.