This position is a floater for our three residential campuses. Two in Lenox, MA and one in Great Barrington, MA.
We would love to have you consider joining Hillcrest Educational Center as a member of one of our teams. We are a premier human service organization with more than 35 years of experience improving the quality of life for special needs youth through education, clinical, and residential services.
Responsible for reviewing menus and determining estimates of quantities of foods to be ordered and prepared. Prepare, season, and cook soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other foodstuffs for consumption. Work to ensure campuses and other specified areas are kept in a clean and orderly condition.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Three to four years of experience in working with foods. Experience with proportions and percentages to calculate volume, weights, and measures.
Licenses or Certification:
Have a Current ServSafe Certificate and Food Allergy Certificate (or obtain within 6 months of holding position); must have a clean valid drivers license (must be eligible for HEC drivers license)
BENEFITS BEYOND THE ORDINARY
- CHILD CARE REIMBURSEMENT paid quarterly to you
- TUITION ASSISTANCE REIMBURSEMENT to support you earning a college degree
- STUDENT LOAN PAY DOWN PROGRAM to reduce your college loan debt
- EMPLOYER PAID LIFE INSURANCE
- WELLNESS PROGRAM CREDIT of $500 for individuals plans and $1000 for family plans to reduce your health insurance costs
- FREE TELEDOC services for both medical and mental health needs when you sign up for health insurance through Health New England
- $200 WELLNESS CHECK each year from Health New England to reimburse you for money that you have spent on things like gym memberships and activities fees
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM to support you through stressful times in life
- Hillcrest has it's own dental office where you can make payment through payroll deduction if needed
- 403B RETIREMENT PLAN to help you save for your financial future
WE PROVIDE TRAINING TO PREPARE YOU FOR YOUR ROLE
- Two weeks of orientation provided to prepare you to begin your new role
- Learn about the mission and culture of our organization
- Listen to program leaders and staff as they share their experiences
- Hear from a student panel about their challenges and successes
- Get certified in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention
- Get certified in 1st Aid and CPR
- Spend a day doing a guided observation
Why work with Hillcrest? You will have the opportunity to:
- Challenge yourself professionally while contributing to the education of youth facing mental health/behavioral challenges
- Lend your expertise and collaborate with highly skilled professionals
- Empathize with traumatized youth needing support
- Join a dedicated organization leading the field in residential treatment
- TRANSFORM LIVES OF THOSE IN OUR COMMUNITY AND BEYOND!!
HILLCREST EDUCATIONAL CENTERS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER