Company Description: The mission of Elder Services of Berkshire County, Inc. is to provide Berkshire elders, caregivers, and individuals with disabilities the opportunity to live with dignity, independence, and self-determination, and to achieve the highest possible quality of life.
Excellent Benefits include Health Insurance, Free Dental Insurance for Full-time positions, Vision Plan, Pension Plan, Life Insurance, Twelve Paid Holidays, three weeks paid Vacation in the first year, Sick and Personal Days, Employee Assistance Program. Public Services Loan Forgiveness Program may apply.
Geriatric Support Services Coordinator (GSSC)
The GSSC will conduct health and functional assessment for elders enrolled in Senior Care Organizations (SCO). The GSSC will also develop and monitor service plans to promote the member’s overall health and independence. The GSSC will work with an interdisciplinary team to assure effective coordination and delivery of care in the member's home.
Essential Functions: (Core duties or tasks that are fundamental and not marginal to the performance of the job)
• Conducts initial and ongoing assessments on new members/enrollees and completes the required assessment tools and computer data entry.
• Collaborates with the SCO RNCM to develop community care plans.
• Supports and advocates for person centered planning.
• Arranges, coordinates and authorizes the provision of appropriate non-medical services.
• Finds resources and services in the community that support members’ independence and wellness.
• Monitors the outcomes of the developed community care plan.
• Acts as a liaison between the SCO and many agency disciplines.
• Participates in the organization and promotion of health related programs and activities.
• Attends Primary Care Team meetings and Member Discharge Meetings as required.
• Ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities
• Knowledge of community resources helpful
Qualifications: BA/BS in social work, human services or related field required; experience with elders in a health care setting preferred; Strong written, verbal, computer and skills necessary to work successfully in an interdisciplinary team required.