Company Description: With its gracious ambience and eclectic décor, The Orchards Hotel effortlessly combines luxurious accommodations with modern amenities.
Featuring Gala Restaurant & Bar, 3100 sq ft of meeting space and 49 guest rooms. The Orchards provides exceptional service in a rewarding atmosphere. Gala Restaurant offers guests farm to table comfort food made from local ingredients.
High School or Equivalent
The Gala Restaurant at the Orchards Hotel is actively searching for a creative, fast-paced, and professional Line Cook.
This is a Part Time position. Expected regular shifts will include Breakfast and/or Dinner service.
• Learn and remain familiar with menu items and assume responsibility for all food rotation and proper timing of foods.
• Work closely with the Sous Chef and Executive Chef to ensure that all items needed are in stock for the menu.
• Coordinate with the Sous Chef and Executive Chef for food preparation, presentation and proper service procedures.
• Maintain cleanliness of workstation, kitchen area, and walk in cooler/freezer.
• Review prep list, check daily pars and maintain pars as necessary.
• Prepare food of consistent quality by following recipe and production/portion standards, per check from servers.
• Practice conscious knowledge of food allergies and all safety procedures.
• Operate, maintain, and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, waffle iron and flat top grill.
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
• Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
• Competitive Salary/Wages
• Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
• Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
• Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
• Complimentary Meals Daily
• Free Parking
• Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
• Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
• 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
• Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
• Discounts at each of our Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness rooms/programs and other featured amenities
• Supportive, open-door policy work environment
• Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
• Employee Recognition Program - 'Delight and Surprise Dollars'
• Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional enrichment, conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• One year of recent Culinary experience in a high volume, full service restaurant.
• Excellent Knife skills.
• Must continuously demonstrate a positive, upbeat and customer-focused attitude.
• Flexibility to work days, nights, weekends, holidays, and other high-volume days and times (i.e. town festivals).