Company Description: HospiceCare in The Berkshires, Inc. has offered high quality, compassionate care for those with life-limiting or terminal illness for over 35 years. The key to HospiceCare’s high quality of care is our team of professionals: Physicians, Nurses, Hospice Aides, Emotional and Spiritual Support Counselors, Bereavement Coordinators and Volunteers – we work with each patient and their family to make sure that their needs are met.
CPR - Preference: Required
DO YOU WANT TO BRING MEANING AND VALUE TO YOUR WORK?
Join the HospiceCare in The Berkshires team and experience what making a difference is truly about!
Position Summary: The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of the Registered Nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient outcomes. Essential Job Functions
* Provides direct patient care within the parameters of current nursing license.
* Implements current nursing practice by following the patient assessment and approved plan of care, which was initiated by the Primary Registered Nurse.
* Complete, maintain and submit accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding patient’s condition and care. Record pain and symptom management changes and/or outcomes as appropriate.
* Point of Service documentation is an expectation of all clinical personnel for quality care, accuracy, and communication standards. The clinician is expected to appropriately document at Point of Service, have timely synchronization of patient data & effectively communicate with the Patient Care Team.
* Assess and provide patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and self plan of care.
* Participates in coordination of hospice services, appropriately reporting the identified needs for hospice interdisciplinary group members.
* Uses and prepares equipment and supplies effectively, adhering to aseptic technique.
* Provides appropriate pain and symptom management. Evaluates patient’s response to treatments and medications.
* Participates in personal and professional growth and development.
* Participates in organization’s quality management program.
LPN License in MA.
Experience in Home Care preferred, but not required.
2-5 years of LPN experience preferred, but not required.
HCIB’s passion is to deliver top quality patient and family care. If you want to be a part of our team and help families through the hospice journey, please submit your cover letter/resume to:
Human Resource Director,
HospiceCare in The Berkshires, Inc.
877 South Street, Suite 1W
Pittsfield, MA 01201
Equal Opportunity Employer.