Company Description: Jacob's Pillow is a dance center, school and performance space located in Becket, Massachusetts, in the Berkshires. The organization is known for the oldest internationally acclaimed Summer dance festival in the United States.
Jacob's Pillow Store and Retail Manager
High School or Equivalent
Seasonal Full Time (June-August)
Jacob’s Pillow seeks a Store & Retail Manager for its retail and online store operations to join its growing Patron Services Department and work closely with/report directly to the Deputy Director and supervises Sales Associates. This position is responsible for coordinating all retail activity during the Festival, and reporting on sales and inventory. The Store & Retail Manager works closely with the Marketing Department, Patron Services Manager and team, and Business Office to develop merchandise and monitor systems for fulfillment and patron satisfaction.
• Coordination and supervision of retail activity, to include display and signage of merchandise, and online offerings, as well as time in store, responding to customers.
• Assist as needed with the purchase of inventory.
• Training and scheduling of paid retail staff.
• Supervising and training of minimal volunteer retail staff.
• Monitoring and reporting of financial activity and inventory control. This includes daily deposit reports and periodic inventory reports.
• Maintenance of Store accounts for Staff and select members.
• Development of periodic and final reports including Master Inventory.
ABOUT JACOB’S PILLOW
Jacob’s Pillow is committed to providing an inclusive, diverse, accessible, and equitable environment that cultivates the celebration of the art of dance and its positive impact on communities. Jacob’s Pillow’s mission is to support dance creation, presentation, education, and preservation; and to engage and deepen public appreciation and support for dance. Organization-wide values include inclusion, leadership, integrity, flexibility, partnership, and sustainability.
Jacob’s Pillow is a registered 501(c)(3) not for profit organization that provides equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law. This policy also prohibits employees from harassing any other employee for any reason including, but not limited to, race, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disabled status.
• Previous retail management and/or customer service experience
• Database and point of sale systems experience, preferred
• Inventory management desired
• Facility with numbers, spreadsheets and reporting
• Ability to work collaboratively and under pressure
• Interest in dance and the arts
• Ability to lift 25 lbs and climb stairs to access facilities, including storage, unassisted and repeatedly throughout workday
• Pass Background screening
This position requires at minimum, the following schedule: Wednesday through Saturday 11am - 8pm, Sunday 11am-4pm.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and references to HR@jacobspillow.org, with “Store Manager” in the subject line.
Jacob's Pillow is observing COVID-19 protocols to ensure the safety of all employees who plan to work during Festival 2021. Accepting employment at Jacob's Pillow this summer will require a commitment to maintaining social distancing, masking, and testing practices on an ongoing basis for the duration of the term. This protocol will evolve due to changing conditions, and is subject to change in accordance with local laws and regulations and medical direction.
Boxcar Media, LLC North Adams, MA 01247 Tel: 413-663-3384 / Fax: 413-664-4251 Email: email@example.com