Responsible for the supervision, direction, and day-to-day operation of the Purchasing Department including budget development; the Commonwealth's capital asset bid process; service and contract bid process; research, development, implementation, and supervision of best purchasing practices, policies, and procedures; and campus-wide training related to the college's acquisition of goods and services.
- Makes informed decisions, in concert with VP of Admin and Finance and others, related to the College's procurement policies, procedures, practices, and projects
- Collaborate with the college community regarding major purchases and projects; oversee the development of bid specifications; solicit bids and quotations from vendors; and issue requisite purchase orders to awarded vendor(s).
- Align campus purchasing process with current ERP (Colleague) to ensure efficiencies and effectiveness regarding procurement and purchase order processes. Assist with training of staff members regarding this system.
- Develop, implement, enhance, and maintain on-line purchasing process including electronic transfer of purchase orders to vendors and management of the encumbrance function.
- Monitor to ensure compliance with the College's purchasing policies and procedures and Commonwealth procurement laws.
- Research, identify, analyze, and introduce "best practices" to the campus to increase efficiency and effectiveness and reduce costs associated with the purchasing function.
- Provide flexible, responsive, and high-quality customer service and continuously assess processes and procedures; revise accordingly.
- Work in concert with all division management to ensure procurement and project management is timely and accurate.
- Oversee and maintain campus wide furniture and commodities inventory, including but not limited to disposal of surplus items according to best practices and procurement laws of MA.
- Work closely with senior management in planning, direction, implementation and evaluation of the annual budget development process including budget development for programs, service expenditures items, and revenue.
- Maintain records, financial information, and other data related to the college's purchasing activities on the college's (Ellucian) and state's (MMARS) financial systems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain college-wide Pro Card program.
- Research, develop, finalize, and maintain a Purchasing Policy & Procedure Manual to be used as a resource for departmental budget managers and other college employees. Develop and conduct training to communicate and explain said purchasing policies and procedures (including Massachusetts Higher Education Consortium (MHEC), Commonwealth of Massachusetts Operational Services Division (OSD) and Educational and Institutional Consortium (E & I) contracts to campus as needed.
- Maintain and manage College accepted best practices for over a $9-$10m commodities and service budget to ensure all existing Federal, State and college purchasing policies, procedures, and practices are adhered to campus wide.
- Research, develop, and implement approved standards for office, meeting space, college classroom and general furnishings.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.