Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Specialist - Production (MA)
The IPM Team Lead will be responsible for ensuring all essential functions regarding pest management inside the cultivation department are executed and documented in alignment with the production schedule. The IPM Team Lead is responsible for maintaining both spray and other control applications in accordance with the production schedule. The lead will also be responsible for guiding and training any IPM associate who has been tasked with aiding the department. This position reports directly to the Cultivation Manager.
- Ensure all spray applications are completed on time and in accordance with the cultivation schedule.
- Monitor and scout all cultivation environments routinely.
- Document and report all findings to the Cultivation Manager.
- Assist Cultivation Manager with strategic approaches when pest issues arise.
- Responsible for maintaining all required application logs to ensure compliance.
- Schedule and plan all biological control agent applications within the facility and responsible for all applications getting completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for maintaining all spray equipment.
- Executing, modifying and implementing Standard Operating Procedures provided by Temescal Wellness.
- Tracking and managing the inventory of pest management supplies.
- Knowledgeable in 25b products, pest lifecycles, and various biological control methods.
- Able to identify common cannabis pests including various insects, fungal pathogens, and stress disorders.
- A degree or certificate in Entomology or related horticultural field required
- 2 years experience as an IPM or Cultivation Technician required
- Greenhouse, Floral or Vegetable crop experience required
- Ability to multi-task with excellent follow through skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- High-energy, enthusiasm and the willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Thorough knowledge of all Temescal Wellness cultivation protocols, policies and Procedures
- Awareness and understanding of production schedules
- Proficient at all tasks in relation to Cultivation
- Willingness to teach/train production associates who need assistance
- Have a trained cultivator’s eye. Ex. When procedures aren’t being executed properly, call attention
- Fluent in seed-to-sale software
- Ability to problem-solve and take initiative
- Ability to collaborate with the production teams effectively
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Skilled in general computer operating systems and applications, including G Suite
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and signage/labeling accuracy
- At least 21 years of age
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check
- 1+ year(s) of cultivation experience
- Ability to bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds
- Ability to to stand on hard surface for extended periods
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, cutting and fine manipulation
- Experience training and supervising others
- Outstanding problem-solver
Compensation and Benefits:
- Employer pays approximately 75% of medical, dental and vision insurance, including for family members
- Generous time off policy
- Mission-driven organization with an excellent work-life balance
The IPM Team Lead role is a full-time position. Employees will be expected to arrive for their shift starting at 7:00 am and fulfill their duties by the end of the work day at 5:30 pm. Cultivation is a 7 day-a-week operation and each employee’s schedule will be determined by the Cultivation Manager.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Temescal Wellness is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.