Put the World on Vacation
At Wyndham Destinations our mission is simple: to put the world on vacation. With a spirit of caring, creativity and fun, our teams help families and friends create memories that last a lifetime. As the world’s largest vacation ownership company and part of Travel + Leisure Co., we’re shaping the future of the travel industry.
The Supervisor, Maintenance serves as a supporting role to the Engineering Manager and/or Assistant Manager. Partners with the Engineering Manager and/or Assistant Manager in the leadership, planning, organization, and direction for the engineering department the most efficient and effective manner possible, while maintaining the company’s expected high quality standards. The Supervisor, Maintenance will oversee daily operations of the engineering department; provide supervision and direction of Engineering Technicians; perform safety inspections; maintain Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), including the new Global Harmonized System for chemicals (GHS), regulations.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for overseeing the engineering operation of the resort: Assist the engineering leadership with management of the engineering department and vendor operations. Ensures assigned area of responsibility meets all company and compliance standards. Provides direction and supervision to the Engineering Technicians for daily operations of the engineering department. Demonstrate and apply broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for managed work group(s) and how it supports related operations. Ensure the engineering department meets all Internal, Quality, and Loss Prevention Audit standards. (40% time) ?
- Maintain positive customer and associate relationships: Create a positive and engaging work environment. Embrace and exhibit the highest level of ethics and integrity consistent with company standards. Demonstrate an ability to motivate and communicate expectations with humility and respect. Partner with Human Resources and department leadership to ensure we follow all compliance and work place standards. (35% time)
- Collaborate with department leadership and support all financial aspects of the engineering department: Provide input with the engineering leadership with engineering department financials, assist with management of monthly engineering budget and monthly P&L reports. (10% time)
- Build strong working vendor/contractor relationships and knowledge of HOA. Develop professional relationships with vendors and contractors for resort and capital projects. Request and receive bids for presentation to resort management. (5% time)
- Build a Count on me Culture. Support and implement resort management strategic initiatives and programs. Identify areas of process improvement and leverage best practices by working with appropriate departments and colleagues as necessary. (5% time)
- Performs other duties as needed. (5% time)
Must be able to travel for short durations (1-2 days) to attend certification training (i.e. pool, HVAC). May also need to travel locally to vendor or supplier stores for parts and supplies; this is based on resort and specific needs. Travel minimal.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Eighteen months of education and training beyond high school level in general repair or closely related technical area preferred.
b) Training requirements
- Certification in HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing is preferred
- CPO (or willingness to obtain).
- CPR Certified (or willingness to obtain).
- OSHA Certified
- EPA Certification
Knowledge and skills
- Strong contractor and vendor negotiation skills.
- Knowledgeable in safety use for power tools and shop tools
- Knowledgeable use of general Engineering tools and equipment
- Knowledgeable and experience with elevators
- Knowledgeable and experience with pool pumps and filtration systems
- Knowledgeable in/or EPA Certification.
- Knowledgeable in ADA requirements.
- Knowledgeable of power, water and sewer distribution.
- Working understanding and ability to read blue prints.
- Knowledgeable in fire codes and fire protection.
- Organizational Skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrate analytical ability to grasp numbers and understand their impact (e.g. demonstrated ability to work under pressure).
- Have proven strong leadership ability; demonstrate understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management and disciplinary action.
- Demonstrate the highest level of customer service to current and prospective owners in order to maintain a positive brand image and company reputation.
- Ability to ensure administrative functions and duties are assigned and completed according to WVO standards, including timekeeping, vendor contracts, and personnel action forms.
- Create a positive work environment by maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity consistent with applicable regulatory standards and Wyndham Vacation Ownership values.
- Commands a presence of respect and humility; demonstrating the ability to motivate and readily communicate expectations and follow up.
- Demonstrated knowledge & application of applicable codes, laws & regulations.
- Professional appearance and excellent communication skills in dealing with guests and corporate personnel.
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
- Valid driver’s license
- PC Skills
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Key systems
- Power/hand tool operation
- Pumps and mechanical motors
- Competent skills in basic electrical, carpentry, painting and small machinery repair.
- Three years of related work experience
- One year of supervisory experience preferred
- One or more years in mechanical fields such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing.
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
A Place for Everyone
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Travel + Leisure Co., including how we treat each member of our growing community. Here, you’ll find a team that’s inclusive, values diversity, and is built on a foundational respect for people from all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to email@example.com, including the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.