Letters of application are being accepted for the position of special education paraprofessional. Applicants should have an associate degree or other evidence of highly qualified status such as the para-pro examination and experience working with adolescents with significant special needs. Experience with technical/vocational education is preferred. Applicants should have the strong desire to work collaboratively to promote inclusion of adolescents in a technical high school setting.
1. Demonstrated ability to work with students, under the direction of the teacher, school counselor, nurse, and/or other staff.
2. Ability to support and reinforce the teacher’s expectations for students.
3. Knowledge of instructional practices and individual learning styles.
4. Knowledge of formal and informal student assessment techniques.
5. Knowledge of technology assisted teaching techniques.
6. Knowledge of the Massachusetts curriculum frameworks.
7. Knowledge of MCAS standards and requirements.
8. Knowledge of Individual Education Plans (IEPs), 504 Accommodation Plans, and classroom accommodations.
9. Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In accordance with the School District Policy.
LETTER OF APPLICATION TO:
James J. Brosnan, Superintendent
Northern Berkshire Vocational Regional School District
70 Hodges Cross Road
North Adams, Massachusetts 01247