Company Description: McCann Technical School opened in 1962 and for the past 55 years has offered quality vocational/technical education for generations of Berkshire County residents. Our mission is to graduate technically skilled, academically proficient and socially responsible individuals ready to meet the challenges of the 21st century. Our educational philosophy is sustained by a staff dedicated to customer focus and satisfaction through continuous improvement.
Computer Science/Engineering Instructor
Letters of application are being accepted for the position of Computer Science/Engineering instructor. All applicants must be licensed or licensable by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, DESE, as a Digital Literacy/Computer Science (5-12) or Technology/Engineering (5-12) instructor. Teacher license standards and curriculum frameworks are available on the DESE website, (www.doe.mass.edu). Applicants should be familiar with the Project Lead the Way (PLTW) standards (www.pltw.org) and the SkillsUSA program standards (www.skillsusa.org). Applicants must be able to teach all aspects of the DESE computer science curriculum, the PLTW engineering curriculum and have the ability to work with young adults. The ability to adapt and implement change is crucial.
1. Knowledge of instructional practice and individual learning styles.
2. Knowledge of technology-assisted teaching techniques and internet-based research.
3. Knowledge of formal and informal student assessment techniques.
4. Knowledge of the Massachusetts curriculum frameworks for digital literacy/computer science.
5. Knowledge of the Project Lead the Way (PLTW) engineering curriculum.
6. Knowledge of MCAS standards and requirements.
7. Knowledge of the Massachusetts Model System for Educator Evaluation.
8. Knowledge of skills and techniques for successfully working with students on Individual Education Plans (IEPs), 504 Accommodation Plans, and making the related necessary classroom accommodations.
9. Must possess a valid State driver’s license.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Utilize standards-based teaching and assessment for all aspects of computer science and engineering courses.
2. Develop and implement the DESE computer science and PLTW curriculum frameworks.
3. Develop and implement MCAS instructional programs.
4. Ensure assessment data is used to improve curriculum and instruction.
5. Implement all schoolwide digital literacy initiatives.
6. Ability to attend training in the PLTW pre-engineering curriculum.
7. Adhere to College Board requirements for AP courses.
8. Create a safe classroom environment conducive to student learning.
9. Ability to transport students in school vehicle(s).
10. Assume the obligations ordinarily associated with the teaching profession.
In accordance with the School District Agreement.
LETTER OF APPLICATION TO:
James J. Brosnan, Superintendent
Northern Berkshire Vocational Regional School District
70 Hodges Cross Road
North Adams, Massachusetts 01247