The Communications Coordinator broadens the visibility of and promotes the work of the Northern Berkshire Community Coalition. They are skilled in both traditional and online communications, web and graphic design, media outreach and PR, and writing and editing.
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: Full Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
- Production and distribution of documents that provide information about the Northern Berkshire Community Coalition and the community, including:
- Monthly Newsletter (x10/ each year, mailed and electronic)
- Weekly E-blast to subscribers
- Annual Report
- Coalition Community Resource Guide
- All Monthly nbCC events distributed to local community calendars
- nbCC Facebook page & other local Facebook pages and groups
- Maintenance of the Coalition web site, coordinating content updates from other staff.
- Coordinates press releases about Coalition activities and initiatives, and nurturing media engagement with the nbCC.
- Create marketing materials for Coalition, including print and online ads, e-blasts, and event flyers.
- Maintain a list of media clips.
- When possible, document nbCC events or advise other staff members of photography needs. Hire outside photographers/videographers as necessary.
- Maintain social media presence to promote Coalition activities.
- Outreach, engagement, and connections for the community with nbCC and its programs.
- Ensure that the principles of health equity, anti-racism, and community-driven decision making are integrated into every aspect of nbCC’s public presence.
- Participate in regular nbCC meetings as required.
- General office administrative support as needed.
- Maintain an organized calendar schedule of appointments and tasks, maintain accurate documentation of mileage, expenses, and all documentation as required by nbCC.
- Attend all professional development trainings as required.
- Comply with nbCC policies and procedures.