Company Description: Child Care of the Berkshires is a large not-for profit, early care and family support agency, operating a variety of programs throughout Berkshire County, including child care centers, a network of family child care homes, home visiting programs, parent child playgroups, parent education and skill building programs.
Its mission is to promote and strengthen families through the provision of high quality child care services to families whose parents are working or in training or, for any number of reasons, cannot adequately care for the children as well as other types of social and educational services which directly affect families and their well being.
Child Care of the Berkshires employs approximately 75 staff persons and its operating budget is approximately $5 million dollars. Child Care of the Berkshires is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer, with a longstanding commitment to increasing the diversity of the employee community.
$15 - $17 Per Hour
North Adams, Pittsfield
Parenting experience/ early childhood educator - Preference: Preferred
The Education/Nutrition Specialist is responsible for the planning and implementation of a high quality, age-appropriate educational program for the family child care providers. In addition, she/he coordinates and monitors the nutritional program that the FCC educators implement in their homes. The Specialist works as a member of the family child care staff team of professionals.
• Completes all Nutrition Program paperwork and record keeping; keeps accurate statistics.
• Reviews and totals menus and monitors meals for family child care homes and centers.
• Plans and implements annual nutrition training for both family child care and centers.
• Completes nutrition training session with new providers in relevant areas.
• Develops monthly lesson plans and newsletter.
• Schedules monthly visits to each provider home.
• Supports the providers and maintains records of visits.
• Maintains a log of progress reports due and assists providers in their completion.
• Plans, schedules and assists with occasional large group activities; assist with transportation as needed.
• Must be able to count accurately and demonstrate agility with math;
• Requires working knowledge of Zoom, Google Suite, and Excel;
• A degree in early childhood education or related field preferred;
• Knowledge of child development and developmentally appropriate practices;
• Must be able to establish and maintain a professional relationship with CCB staff, providers, professionals and other agencies;
• Must be able to work independently planning schedules and activities;
• Must be able to physically observe whether the activities are developmentally appropriate within the family child care setting and that the meals served are in compliance;
• Must be able to develop a monthly curriculum and parent newsletter based on literacy standards set in compliance with EEC;
• Must be able to multi-task;
• At least one year of relevant experience and EEC Lead Teacher qualification preferred;
• Must be able to travel to homes and sites in order to implement activities and monitor meals;
• Candidate must submit to national criminal, DCF, and SORI background record check.
The position is year-round, 25-30 hours per week, with a salary range of $15 - $17 per hour.
Send resume and letter of interest that outline how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position to: Child Care of the Berkshires, P.O. Box 172, North Adams, MA 01247 or email@example.com