Company Description: MountainOne is a mutual holding company headquartered in North Adams, Massachusetts. Banking, Insurance, and Investment products are offered at full service offices in the Berkshires (Pittsfield, North Adams, Williamstown) and on Boston's South Shore (Quincy, Rockland, Scituate). MountainOne is dedicated to the local communities we serve, with a mission of delivering solutions of real value that help individuals, businesses, and community institutions manage their financial lives with clarity and confidence.
MountainOne Bank, founded in 1848, provides a complete array of personal and business banking and electronic services.
MountainOne Insurance provides personal and business insurance, bonding services and group benefits solutions.
MountainOne Investments provides individual investment services and group financial benefit plans (financial professionals offering securities and advisory services through Commonwealth Financial Network®, Member FINRA/SIPC, a Registered Investment Advisor)
Commercial Insurance Marketing Coordinator
High School or Equivalent
• Obtain and maintain MA Property & Casualty Insurance Broker’s License and any other license as required by residence state. - Preference:
Work with Commercial Insurance Producers and Insurance Company Underwriters to place commercial insurance business.
• Coordinate with producers, insurance companies and other agency personnel to conduct new business account marketing & placement.
• Meet with producers and account managers to provide input on renewal marketing.
• Coordinate and meet with company underwriters and marketing representatives to learn and identify industry markets; deliver product information and underwriter appetites to producers and account managers.
• Invite appropriate staff to carrier update meetings.
• Provide supplemental applications to producers based on market appetite.
• Review submissions; determine initial completeness prior to sending to markets.
• Coordinate & gather submission information to achieve target & effective dates, including obtaining risk information; follow-up with producers for information needed.
• Prepare submission, identify best markets based on industry and company appetite, and submit for quotes.
• Monitor status of quotes as they move through underwriting and rating to identify any potential problems; communicate to producers & account managers.
• Collaborate and proactively communicate with company underwriters and producers to provide competitive and timely quotes for placement.
• Perform clerical function to support the placement of business; to include data entry to carrier quoting systems and agency management system.
• Act as liaison between sales team and all company representatives/underwriters.
• Become primary salesperson for small commercial new business as determined by producers and via phone-in and walk-in prospects. Handle complete lifecycle of these sales until transitioned to account manager.
• Assume the role of Zywave “champion.” This role includes distributing Zywave information to Sales and Account Manager staff, as well as producing experience modification reports, gathering marketing and sales material and distributing this information to staff and insureds.
• Perform other tasks as needed
• High School Diploma.
• Obtain and maintain MA Property & Casualty Insurance Broker’s License and any other license as required by residence state.
• Minimum of 2 years of Commercial Insurance experience working with Marketing Representatives, Underwriters and Producers.
• Ability to verbally effectively present information to clients, company and agency staff.
• Ability to be self-motivated, provide problem-solving capabilities and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Commitment to the company’s culture and established service standards.
• Ability to deal with and show discretion in confidential matters.
• 25% availability to travel outside of 25-mile radius.
• Ability to sit, drive, bend, answer the phone, and perform computer input