Summary: The nurse triages patients by telephone or walk-in to determine the urgency and level of care needed. The nurse is responsible for assisting the Practice Manager in the supervision of clinical support staff working within the office and for assisting in patient care under the guidance of CHP Physicians. Duties will be performed as assigned and allowed under their license. The RN contributes to a work environment that is caring, collaborative, and innovative. This person will support CHP’s mission, vision, and values and will adhere to compliance protocols as well as CHP’s policies and procedures.
Nurse Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates comprehensive care for all patients.
- Provide relevant patient education, both written and verbally, including education during the initial pregnancy visit, post-operative and post-partum.
- Make patient appointments, as necessary, and coordinate timely scheduling of appointments for ancillary services and specialty referrals.
- Respond to patient emergencies, within the scope of RN license.
- Screen, triage and responds to patients inquires via by telephone, EMR messages or walk-in; approve same day visits when appropriate; assist with referrals to area specialists; PT-1 forms; patient education; supervising medical assistants as needed.
- Assist physicians in all procedures requiring nursing level support; administers immunizations as well as allergy shots; manage requests for prescription medication; process laboratory results, pull charts, review and hold partials- flagging abnormal for provider review and filing normal; contacting patients with results as directed; chart all procedures performed.
- Assist with running daily controls on equipment; assist in charting for quality assurance (HCG, strep, sickle cell, urinalysis dipstick, etc.); ensures that billing codes are correct; other routine office duties as requested.
- Assists with rooming patients as necessary to maintain patient flow.
- Answers staff questions within scope of practice.
- Provides staff training as assigned by the Practice Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent multi-tasking, communication and organization skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Ability to understand people and situations.
- Ability to provide people-centered care.
- Ability to improve nursing quality.