Company Description: Community Health Programs is a network of health centers and caring professionals that provide outstanding primary and preventive care for patients of all ages. What’s truly unique to CHP is our broad spectrum of support services that extend beyond medical and dental issues to strengthen families and improve children’s well-being. The region is a federally designated rural community and a Medically Underserved Population Area.
Community Health Programs embraces its role as a nonprofit health care provider and community partner. We are a leader in the communities we serve by providing high quality healthcare, dental services, wellness education and family support services. CHP outreach provides free health screenings, insurance enrollment assistance as well as information so people can learn how to take better care of themselves and their families.
Facilities Manager Full Time w/fabulous benefits
To Commensurate With Experience
Business codes & telecommunication - Preference: Preferred
Summary: The Facilities Manager is responsible for the managing the design, planning, construction and maintenance of equipment, machinery, buildings and other facilities plans. This person will budget and schedule facility modifications including estimates on equipment, labor materials and other related costs. This person will support CHP’s mission, vision, and values and will adhere to compliance protocols as well as CHP’s policies and procedures.
Facilities Manager Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees the coordination of building space allocation and layout, communication services, and facility expansion
• Assists with the design or renovation of the building, including soliciting and evaluating contractor bids, consulting with architects, engineers and other contractors, as well as .
• Plans budgets and schedule facility modifications, including cost estimates; works with COO on building development and expansion opportunities
• Inspects construction and installation progress;
• Initiates planned maintenance programs for a variety of office and medical equipment;
• Manages the receiving function, including office supply shipments that need to be transported to other facilities
• Responsible for preventive maintenance of facility equipment, including HVAC, office equipment, electricity, plumbing, refrigeration, etc.
• Oversee parking program, including directing traffic patrol
• Oversees cleaning and maintenance of facilities, including supervision of maintenance contracts.
• Ensures compliance with the Life Safety Code, coordinating with doctors and departmental managers, developing programs to manage healthcare and utilities assistance equipment, create deferred maintenance schedules, and participate in emergency training and drills.
• Assists in development and administration of facilities budget in collaboration with COO
• Reviews and monitors reports from FMX ticket software on a daily basis. Ensures that work is completed correctly and on a timely basis.
• Plan and coordinate all installations (telecommunications, heat, electricity etc.) and refurbishments.
• Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards.
• Inspects buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations quarterly
• Review utilities consumption and makes suggestions to minimize costs.
• Supervises all staff facilities staff and external contractors
• Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc. by working closely with vendors in collaboration with COO
• Allocate office space according to needs.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Comprehensive technical knowledge in large scale facilities operations and maintenance projects experience, repairs and upkeep;
• Ability to manage a budget;
• Must have ability to read blue prints; computer skills, including Microsoft Office;
• Experience with in-service tracking system a plus.
Essential Skills and Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Experience in maintenance trades;
• Knowledge of business codes;
• Familiarity with telecommunications equipment.
• BS degree in Facilities Management or at least 4 years of experience in similar position.