The Housing Occupancy Clerk is responsible for all property activities related to compliance with the lease at any Public Housing Development. Housing Occupancy Clerk may have additonal duties assigned to balance workload among all Public Housing Managers/Clerks.
This role as Housing Occupancy Clerk requires participating in working with staff responsible for determining elegibility and maintaining applicant records within the department. The Housing Occupancy Clerk is also required to assist in the applicants leasing up to new units. The Housing Occupancy Clerk also assisst in tenant income recertification.
The Housing Occupancy Clerk also reports to the Public Housing Manager.
- Follows procedures to screen potential new tenants. Performs new lease for tenants under the procedures of HUD and DHCD guidelines.
- Conducts annual and interim re-certification with heads of households.
- Enforces "house rules" and facilitates dispute resolution among tenants.
- Recommends "for cause" lease enforcement actions to the Executive Office.
- Provides social service referrals for households in crisis.
- Shows units and makes offers to elegible and qualified applicants for tenancy.
- Prepares applicants files for tenancy and determines final calculation of rent at lease up.
- Types memorandum and correspondence.
- Assists in any tasks as required.