Job Requirements/Qualification Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years full-time paid related job experience.
- Must be able to multi-task
- Ability to work well under stressful conditions.
- General Office and clerical skills required.
- Because of the nature of this work, position requires someone pleasant, personable, patient and having a desire to be of assistance to those in need.
- Ability to work with minimum day to day supervision.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not mandatory.
- Must be prompt and dependable.
- Approach problems pro-actively and be solution focused.
- Ability to work well with general public, low income individuals, the elderly and disabled.
- Knowledge in MS Office, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Newspaper- Ads that pertain to the Pittsfield Housing Authority, articles that pertain to the City of Pittsfield, articles that pertain to Pittsfield Housing Authority’s tenants, all foreclosure notices, are to be clipped and filed in scrapbook, or distributed to the appropriate department supervisors on a daily basis.
- Work orders- these are to be filed upon receipt.
- Applications- keeping an updated supply of information regarding applications and mailing to inquiring applicants.
- Applicant appointments for Section 8 (HCV) and Public housing shall be called the day before to remind them of the date and time. Applicants shall be informed to bring with them, social security cards, birth certificates, and current verification of income.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Update as needed the list of tenants on the visitor board in the lobby of Columbia Arms.
PERFORM ANY OTHER DUTIES AS MAY BE REQUIRED.
Resumes will be accepted until position is filled. Resumes will be accepted the following ways:
1) Apply on berkshirejobs.com
2) email firstname.lastname@example.org
3) drop off at Pittsfield Housing Authority, 65 Columbus Ave, Pittsfield, MA 01201