Company Description: TOURISTS is a 48-room hotel in North Adams, MA, a resurgent town in the Berkshires and a trailhead for New England’s history, art, food, music and exploration. The TOURISTS team is committed to quality services and to supporting each other in all tasks.
Hotel & Restaurant
High School or Equivalent
2 shifts per week: 11 p.m. - 7 a.m.
Job Description Summary
TOURISTS’ goal in all positions is to exceed the expectations of our guests. The Night Auditor oversees all front desk activity. This includes checking guests in and out, ensuring all reservations are handled efficiently and accurately, answering calls, exceeding guests’ expectations by anticipating their needs, and having a confident, pleasant and professional demeanor.
This is a very visible position. All TOURISTS staff, even those that are not exposed to guests on a day-to-day basis, are expected to greet all guests in close proximity and make each feel important by providing a genuine welcome. Furthermore, the Night Auditor must develop and maintain the company’s culture, values and reputation in the public eye, and with all staff, guests, vendors and partners.
Based upon fluctuating demands of the operation, it may be necessary to perform a multitude of different functions not specifically related to this position. The Night Auditor may be expected to perform other tasks and duties as needed or as directed. Furthermore, employee responsibilities and job descriptions are subject to review and revision.
Essential Functions and Accountability
1.Front Desk Operations
• Comply to shift checklists and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Oversee all Front Desk Activity
• Check guests in and out in a confident, professional and personalized manner
• Open, secure and balance out shift banks to include the verification of all cash, credit card and
room charge transactions during all shifts
• Ensure all Individual and Group/Block reservations are handled efficiently and accurately
• Ensure all calls are answered in a courteous, professional and efficient manner
• Issue guest safety deposit boxes as requested
• Meet and exceed guests’ expectation by anticipating the services they might require
• Make reservations for guests that call or walk-in
• Act as the person of contact for all guest complaints and concerns and ensure immediate
response is given or they are escalated to upper management
• Maintain accurate log of concerns and resolution
• Inform immediate supervisor of concerns
• Assist in implementing corrective measure when necessary
• Maintain a high level of cleanliness and safety in the work area
• Practice safety with all equipment to ensure safe working conditions
2.Complete all shift checklist items, including a nightly audit pack which is to be reviewed,
corrected, printed and disseminated to identified recipients
3.Personal Performance Standards
• Ensure open lines of communication with staff, all departments and upper management at all
times via radio, email, logbooks, meetings, etc., to ensure all needs of the hotel are met
• Attend all relevant meetings and maintain meeting notes
• Adhere to all standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, training material,
memos and verbal instruction
• Create a respectful and safe work environment
• Maintain on-going professional development
• Maintain an increased awareness of safety issues throughout the property
• Keep abreast of safety and emergency procedures and OSHA requirements
4.Walk the property on nightly basis, log property discrepancies and immediately resolve all security issues which may arise during this shift
5.Keep daytime Management and Front Desk Agents apprised of all questions/concerns/problems that occur during night shift
1.Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) of the workplace
2.Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions and procedure manuals
3.Ability to communicate in writing or verbally
4.Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
6.Attention to detail
7.Ability to understand computer programs (i.e. Property Management System)
8.Ability to apply concepts of math including: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division,
algebra and geometry, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
9.Certificates, licenses, and/or identification cards as required by the U.S. Department of Justice to
verify employment eligibility.
Maintain an increased awareness of safety issues. Ensure all security policies and procedures are observed in areas such as computer security, keys, locks, inventory, property and employee information. Ensure all financial and employee data is secure and confidentiality of data and related information is maintained.
1.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
2.The person in this position may have to lift up to fifty (50) pounds on a daily basis; anything over
fifty (50) pounds is considered a minimum two (2) person lift
3.The person having this position may have to sit for one (1) hour, stand and/or walk, push, kneel,
bend, balance, squat, reach and stretch for eight (8) hours per day
4.Extended time utilizing computer systems and screen time are expected in this position.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee typically encounters while performing the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.