Company Description: TOURISTS is a 48-room hotel in North Adams, MA, a resurgent town in the Berkshires and a trailhead for New England’s history, art, food, music and exploration. The TOURISTS team is committed to quality services and to supporting each other in all tasks.
Front Desk Agents
Hotel & Restaurant
Nice to have
The Front Desk Agent will exceed the expectations of all guests employees in a multitude of tasks that include, but are not limited to: all Front Desk tasks, complete all tasks assigned by any and all members of management; consistently be personable and exhibit a positive, friendly demeanor and attitude; observe and be able to recall small details; support other departments as needed; complete training materials in a timely manner; create and maintain positive, professional relationships with coworkers and guests; be reliable and responsible.
The Front Desk Agent must comply with the property’s dress code, possess good communication skills and a thorough understanding of Tourists policies, and have the ability to resolve conflict. All TOURISTS employees, even those that are not exposed to guests on a day-to-day basis, are expected to greet all guests in close proximity and make each feel important by providing a genuine welcome. Furthermore, Front Desk Agents must develop and maintain the company’s culture, values and reputation in the public eye, and with all staff, guests, vendors and partners. Front Desk Agents must promote the TOURISTS mission in all actions and decisions and are accountable to the overall team.
Based upon fluctuating demands of the operation and to exceed customer expectations, it may be necessary to perform a multitude of different functions not specifically related to this position. This person may be expected to perform other tasks and duties as needed or as directed. Furthermore, employee responsibilities and job descriptions are subject to review and revision.
1. Adhere to all standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, training material, memos and verbal instruction
2. Maintain a high level of personal hygiene and adhere to dress code policies
3. Remain up-to-date with new training and procedures
4. Openly communicate across departments to ensure all guests needs and requests are delivered to TOURISTS standards
5. Make every effort to conserve resources to reduce spending and be environmentally conscious.
6. Remain up-to-date with new training and procedures
7. Openly communicate across departments to ensure all guests needs and requests are delivered to TOURISTS standards
8. Keep lines of communication open and available with guests and ensure prompt follow up until the guest is completely satisfied
9. To the best of your ability, answer all guest queries and make all requested arrangements (such as making reservations at local restaurants, organizing pick up/drop off at serviced airports, etc)
10. Familiarizing yourself with the local area and services to better suggest them to guests
11. Perform guest check-outs, check-ins, concierge questions, etc
12. Assist with special events and preparation
13. Ensure open lines of communication with all departments and management at all times via email, log books, meetings, etc., to ensure all needs of the hotel are met
14. Maintain a high level of cleanliness and safety in the work area
15. Attend relevant meetings
16. Ability to work and maintain a high level of professionalism and service
17. Guest billing Maintain correct guest billing from check in to check out
18. Maintain a high level of discretion when dealing with guest information
19. Follow inventory standards and procedures to consistently conduct an accurate inventory
20. Maintain record keeping, checklists, and hotel information
21. Maintain superior standards of quality control
22. Keep abreast of safety and emergency procedures and OSHA requirements
Reports Directly to: Front Office Manager
Also works for: General Manager
Certificates, licenses, and/or identification cards as required by the U.S. Department of Justice to verify employment eligibility.
Maintain an increased awareness of safety issues. Ensure all security policies and procedures are observed in areas such as computer security, keys, locks, inventory, and property and employee information.
1. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
2. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
3. Ability to speak effectively before groups of co-workers and sister property staff
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
5. Ability to understand other computer programs (i.e. Property Management System, POS)
6. Ability to apply concepts of math including: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and algebra, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
1. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
2. The person in this position may have to lift up to 50 pounds on a daily basis
3. The person having this position may have to sit for eight (8) hours, stand and/or walk, push, kneel, bend, balance, squat, reach and stretch for two (2) hours per day
4. The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee typically encounters while performing the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply please email a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org