• Ensure communication between shifts occurs and that the communication is relevant
• Review work orders to ensure that work orders follow the schedule
• Coordinate and direct proper personnel to areas where issues arise in order to bring resolution
• Assist operators by Providing instruction, Coaching and assigning additional training as needed
• Conduct employee evaluations of staff reporting to this position
• Prepare maintenance request forms in the event of equipment breakdowns
• Summarize critical resource needs, personnel issues, and production problems to the Plant Manager.
• Verify payroll book reflects hours worked for personnel for the shift
• Schedule operators for work load and breaks throughout the shift
• Manage the work flow of manufacturing processes necessary to meet the schedule.
• Monitor downtime and scrap rates and provide direction to proper personnel to reduce scrap or downtime
• Monitor employees to ensure all policies, procedures and work instructions are being followed.
• Preform additional task as occasionally requested by supervision or management.
• The supervisor: is expected to:
o Instruct operator on operator instruction forms
o Read and understand a work order
o Operate a press
o Monitor Operators
o Document appropriate paperwork
• The supervisor is required to communicate professionally at all times with all departments.