Company Description: Big Y® is a family owned and family oriented retail food company serving people's at home food needs.
Our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value.
A Big Y Application for Employment must be completed prior to receiving an interview.
To complete your application, visit bigy.com/careers.
Questions? Please contact the Employee Services Representative at your store location of interest:
In Great Barrington: (413) 528-1314 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In Lee: (413) 243-3201 or email@example.com
Additional Business Name: Big Y Foods
Frozen/Dairy Night Crew Clerk - Lee
To Commensurate With Experience
High School or Equivalent
SUMMARY OF ROLE: Exceed our customers’ evolving expectations by presenting the freshest quality product in order to provide World Class customer service and a pleasant and rewarding shopping experience. Our night crew clerk is responsible for supporting the frozen/dairy area by meeting productivity standards in order to maintain appropriate product levels.
1. Exceed our customers’ evolving expectations by presenting the freshest quality product in order to provide World Class customer service and a pleasant and rewarding shopping experience.
2. Receive, unload, verify, and store product.
3. Price, rotate, stock, face, and level product.
4. Maintain proper department conditions and supplies (e.g., shelf, case, sales floor, backroom, etc.).
5. Operate, clean, and maintain equipment, machinery, tools, and work area.
6. Engage in and encourage continuous improvement through ideas and innovation
7. Adhere to all government employment and labor regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures (e.g., employment laws concerning minors, harassment, discrimination, etc.).
8. Adhere to all government food safety and sanitation regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures (e.g., cleaning, coding, rotating, maintaining proper temperatures, etc.).
9. Adhere to all government safety regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures (e.g., proper use of equipment, cleaning, straightening, sweeping, clearing unsafe conditions, etc.).
10. Adhere to all Company loss prevention policies and procedures (e.g., controlling waste and utilities, damaged goods, reporting theft, etc.).
11. Adhere to all Company procedures regarding store conditions as outlined in 5S (Sort and remove, Shine and inspect, Set locations and visual cues, Systematize, Stay the course).
12. Complete all training requirements by respective due dates.
1. Ability to represent A Culture of Caring and The Pursuit of Excellence; through Big Y’s Firm Foundations; (Character, Collaboration, Personal Development, Actions & Results).
2. Must project a clean and professional appearance.
3. Must be a team player with a positive attitude and businesslike conduct.
4. Ability to operate within Company policies, procedures, and standards.
5. Ability to work a flexible overnight schedule in accordance with the needs of the store.
6. Attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
7. Must be 18 years of age.
8. Must consent to and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background investigation.
9. Must consent to and pass a physical assessment at time of hire or transfer to position.
1. Medium work: Lifting 50 lb. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
2. Continuously standing, walking, fingering, and handling.
3. Frequently bending, reaching, balancing, and feeling.
4. Frequently squatting, climbing, kneeling, or crouching.