Company Description: Big Y® is a family owned and family oriented retail food company serving people's at home food needs.
Our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value.
A Big Y Application for Employment must be completed prior to receiving an interview.
To complete your application, visit bigy.com/careers.
Questions? Please contact the Employee Services Representative at your store location of interest:
In Great Barrington: (413) 528-1314 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In Lee: (413) 243-3201 or email@example.com
Additional Business Name: Big Y Express Pittsfield
Store Manager - Big Y Express Pittsfield
Some College Coursework Completed
Nice to have
1. Recruit, interview and select employees.
2. Supervise, direct, set goals and delegate tasks using independent judgment.
3. Arrange for ongoing training and communication with all employees working within your area.
4. Cultivate growth through the development of high potential employees.
5. Evaluate, coach, reward, recognize employees and celebrate successes.
6. Handle conflict and counsel employees that require disciplinary actions up to and including
7. Oversee total store operations including payroll processes, sales, contribution, diversity,
development, and retention.
8. Identify, assess, develop, and mentor future store directors.
9. Achieve all Company operations and sales goals/objectives (e.g., contribution, budget, gross
profit, productivity, merchandising/signage, price checks/changes, promotions/contests, etc.),
as well as monitor weekly sales and labor projections.
10. Ability to represent Big Y by working together with fellow Big Y employees to deliver an
exceptional customer experience.
11. Monitor and report on competitive activity.
12. Collaborate with employees, management team and the Store Support Center to ensure
interdependence throughout the store and Company.
13. Represent the Company to respective government officials, agencies, and media.
14. Perform daily review of function and maintenance of all consumer price scanners.
15. Complete special projects as assigned.
16. Maintain daily logs and status reports.
17. Ability to operate equipment in location while following best practices.
18. Process customer transactions.
19. Stocking and cleaning interior and exterior of the building.
20. Engage in and encourage continuous improvement through ideas and innovation (e.g.,
21. Adhere to all government employment and labor regulations, as well as all Company policies
and procedures (e.g., employment laws concerning minors, harassment, discrimination, etc.).
22. Adhere to all government foods safety and sanitation regulations, as well as all Company
policies and procedures (e.g., processing, cleaning, culling, coding, rotating, maintaining
proper temperatures, etc.).
23. Adhere to all government safety regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures
(e.g., proper use of equipment, cleaning, straightening, sweeping, clearing unsafe conditions,
24. Adhere to all Company loss prevention policies and procedures (e.g., controlling waste and
utilities, damaged goods, reporting theft, etc.).
25. Adhere to all Company procedures regarding store conditions as outlined in 5S (Sort and
remove, Shine and inspect, Set locations and visual cues, Systematize, Stay the course).
26. Complete all training requirements by respective due dates.
1. Medium work: Lifting 50 lb. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing
up to 25 lbs.
2. Continuously standing, walking, and handling.
1. Three (3) years of proven retail leadership experience preferred.
2. Ability to represent A Culture of Caring and The Pursuit of Excellence? through the support of Big Y’s Mission & Vision.
3. Ability to develop, motivate, and influence others through training, mentoring, coaching and team-building.
4. Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels.
5. Demonstrates financial acumen.
6. Must project a clean and professional appearance.
7. Must be a team player with a positive attitude and businesslike conduct.
8. Ability to operate within Company policies, procedures, and standards.
9. Ability to work a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the store.
10. Attention to detail, accuracy, ability to prioritize and follow-through.
11. Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
12. Ability to learn and utilize computer applications.
13. Must be at least 18 years of age.