SUMMARY OF POSITION: Exceed our customers’ evolving expectations by providing World Class support to all locations in order to provide a pleasant and rewarding shopping experience.
• Operate a cash register, lottery, scanner and scale using correct scan or ring method.
• Maintain daily logs and status reports.
• Ability to operate equipment in location while following established best practices.
• Process customer transactions.
• Resolve complaints following established procedures, seeking management support when necessary.
• Accurately scan/ring all items.
• Handle tenders following company policies.
• Build relationships, educate our customers, and create sales.
• Adhere to all Company policies/procedures and government regulations.
• Adhere to all Company loss prevention policies and procedures (e.g., controlling waste and utilities, damaged goods, reporting theft, etc.).
• Complete all training requirements by respective due dates.
• Stocking and cleaning interior and exterior of the building.
• Accurately handle and secure all monies, funds and other media assigned.
• Ability to represent A Culture of Caring and The Pursuit of Excellence? through Big Y’s Firm Foundations? (Character, Collaboration, Personal Development, Actions & Results).
• Must project a clean and professional appearance.
• Must be a team player with a positive attitude and businesslike conduct.
• Ability to operate within Company policies, procedures, and standards.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the store.
• Attention to detail, accuracy, ability to prioritize and follow-through.
• Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Ability to learn and utilize computer applications.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must consent to and pass a drug screen and background investigation at time of hire.
• Medium work: Lifting 50 lb. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lb.
• Continuously standing, reaching, fingering, handling, balancing and feeling.
• Frequently walking, bending; occasionally squatting or crouching.