Plaskolite is formerly known as Sheffield Plastics
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Electrical Engineer to support capital and infrastructure projects as well as maintenance troubleshooting for a 24/7 Polycarbonate sheet manufacturing plant. The role will also assist in developing electrical/PCS standards for the site. The ideal candidate is an inventive problem solver that is capable of working through technical challenges and coming up with solutions to meet the business’ needs. This position requires teamwork with manufacturing, maintenance, engineering and external resources. The incumbent will be responsible to ensure that all projects are installed in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
Travel is required on an as needed basis for training, major project reviews and to potentially support other Plaskolite sites.
This position qualifies for a sign on bonus and full benefits.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required
• 5+ years electrical engineering experience required
• 3+ years instrumentation, controls and power distribution experience preferred
• Strong understanding of electrical, instrumentation and control systems Maintenance experience
• Working knowledge of Allen-Bradley/Siemens PLC’s is preferred, with capabilities to configure and program these controllers.
• Organizational skills and a systematic approach to problem definition and solution development
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Able to participate on cross functional teams to execute projects and troubleshoot maintenance issues
• Proficient in the use of AutoCAD or other computer-aided design software applications
• Able to read / interpret blue prints and drawings
• Project organization and cost control capabilities