Company Description: Berkshire County Head Start is a non-profit organization that provides early childhood education and care. Our organization offers a half-day pre-school program in 6 sites throughout Berkshire County. In North Adams, Pittsfield and Great Barrington we also provide full-day child care services for families while they work, go to school, or look for employment.
Additional Business Name: 5 properties in Berkshire County in North Adams, Becket, Lee, Great Barrington, and 2 in Pittsfield
Early Child Education Supervisor
To Commensurate With Experience
EEC - Preference: Preferred
Imagine working for an organization where laughing every day is part of your job. Imagine coming to work and teaching an engaging audience. Imagine working within collaborative high performing professionals who will encourage your success. Imagine not having to compete with cell phones. If you can imagine all of this and more, consider applying for an opportunity with Berkshire County Head Start.
Berkshire County Head Start is seeking candidates for the position of Education Supervisor. Our position reports to the Compliance Manager. We are a highly collaborative and quality organization focused on the development of children, staff and families utilizing a strength-based approach. We currently have six locations across Berkshire County.
This is an opportunity to assist in the implementation and communication of a sound program mission, philosophy, policies, and procedures according to national standards and current best practices.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Oversees, observes and monitors teacher performance in classroom settings to provide coaching, mentoring and feedback in support of organizational goals and objectives
programs relative to TS GOLD data submitted by classrooms, the Office of Head Start, Massachusetts EEC, ERSEA and NAEYC.
• Leads in the development of teachers professionally ensuring all staff are trained and implementing best practices in accordance with standards of performance and when needed corrective action
• Oversees the development of curriculum plans in accordance with Head Start Early Learning Framework, Guidelines for Preschool Learning Experiences, and Massachusetts Common Core Frameworks
• Works with members of the Education Department to update the Education Program Plan, School Readiness Goals, and provide recommendation for program policies.
• Supports the implementation of program policies and procedures to maintain a culturally responsive environment that is respectful and inclusive of all families.
• Maintains staff and child confidentiality policies and practices.
• Ensures all documents, manuals, forms, and communications, etc. meet program needs and modifies them accordingly to align with program objectives.
• Conducts regular meetings focused on continuous improvement, monitoring, and team-building.
• Conducts and/or coordinates training with direct reports and all appropriate staff as needed including one-on-one meetings associated with performance and behavioral expectations providing coaching, leadership clarity on performance expectations. This includes training and development of staff members
• Attends regular training and professional development events ensuring compliance with regulatory boards earning credits based on approved coursework.
Bachelors’ Degree from an *accredited institution in Early Childhood, Special Education, or a related field. Credit hours and coursework must align with requirements for Massachusetts EEC Teacher certification
Minimum of (4) years’ experience as a teacher in a subsidized and/or Head Start early learning environment.
Master’s degree in Early Education, current Massachusetts EEC Teacher or higher Certification; Completion of professional development in supervision/strategies for working and supporting adults
A combination of the following education and experience may be substituted for the requirements:
Master’s Degree and two (2) years of experience as a teacher in a subsidized and/or Head Start early learning environment.
Skills and Knowledge
Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook
Must be able to participate and actively supervise children (
Must have a driver’s license and reliable transportation to travel to different locations within our organization from time-to-time.
Some tasks require manual dexterity. Tasks require visual and hearing acuity. Tasks may involve identifying and distinguishing colors. Tasks require oral communications ability.
Berkshire County Head Start is an EEO employer. (Listed in the US Department of Education’s Database of Accredited
Post-Secondary Institutions and Programs.)