- Provide survivors of domestic or sexual violence with support, advocacy, and assistance, including:
- assessing their circumstances and emergency needs and providing assistance to meet those needs;
- offering individual counseling and support groups;
- safety planning;
- advocating on issues of housing, finances and benefits, children, education, mental health, and substance abuse;
- referring victims to services including other EFC services (e.g. court support) and community resources (including Community Legal Aid, the District Attorney’s office, housing resources, etc.), with follow-up as appropriate
- Contributing to outreach and collaboration efforts, including: liaising with community partners, providing community education, disseminating program outreach materials, and tabling at community events
- Maintain professional boundaries with individuals receiving EFC services, maintain excellent records in agency database, and adhere to strict guidelines to ensure client confidentiality
- Complete all other duties to further EFC’s mission and to ensure that survivors are safe and are provided with professional, empathetic, affirming services within the context of the agency’s mission and consistent with grant and legal requirements
Work Hours: 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work required for outreach and counseling activities.
Compensation and benefits: Elizabeth Freeman Center is committed to working for economic and social justice for staff as well as clients and believes in offering all staff: competitive salary and benefits, engaged and dedicated colleagues, training and education in best practices, career development opportunities, openness to innovation, and the opportunity and resources to do meaningful, impactful work. This position begins at $18.50 per hour with hourly increments for Spanish and other frequently used languages, special skills and education. EFC pays 85% of health insurance premiums and contributes to an FSA. We have generous paid leave as well as other benefits.
Applying: To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Deadlines are rolling until position has been filled.
EFC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
People of color and LGBTQ people especially encouraged to apply.