Elizabeth Freeman Center seeks an energetic, responsible person for a full-time receptionist at our Pittsfield office. Receptionist answers phone and greets clients, does clerical work, and maintains calm in a busy environment. Requires excellent communication and organizational skills. Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred. More information available at elizabethfreemancenter.org/jobs. To apply, email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. AA/EOE
• Answer telephone, screen and direct calls
• Greet clients and people who walk-in, make them feel welcome, direct them to appropriate destination
• Perform general administrative and clerical support, such as monitoring fax machine, making copies, faxing, preparing letters and documents, keeping records/logs, helping to maintain a welcoming physical environment, etc.
• Ensure knowledge of staff members’ whereabouts
• Keep track of availability of meeting rooms
• Tidy and maintain reception area, conference room, and waiting room
• Maintain sense of calm in a busy environment
• Complete domestic and sexual violence initial training
• Other duties as assigned to promote agency mission
40 hours weekly, 9 am to 5 pm.
Compensation and benefits:
Elizabeth Freeman Center is committed to working for economic and social justice for staff as well as clients and believes in offering all staff competitive salary and benefits, engaged and dedicated colleagues, training and education in best practices, career development opportunities, openness to innovation, and the opportunity and resources to do meaningful, impactful work. This position begins at $16.50 per hour with a year-end stipend and hourly increments for Spanish and other frequently used languages, special skills and education. EFC pays 85% of health insurance premiums and contributes to an FSA. We have generous paid leave as well as other benefits.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Deadline is rolling until position has been filled.
EFC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. People who are bilingual/bicultural, of color, LGBTQ, and/or living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Preferred qualifications include:
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) strongly preferred
• Ability to be welcoming, supportive, and calm
• Commitment to protecting the confidentiality of clients
• Highly responsible, professional, and efficient
• High school diploma (may be waived for relevant, comparable level of work or life experience)
• Must successfully pass Criminal Record Check-CORI and have reliable transportation