Company Description: Elizabeth Freeman Center provides domestic
violence and sexual assault services and
advocacy in Berkshire County and surrounding
areas. Our services are free and confidential,
and include counseling, safe shelter, court
advocacy, a 24/7 toll-free hotline, and much
more. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Part-time Supervised Visitation Monitor
$18.50 Per Hour
Some High School Coursework
Elizabeth Freeman Center (EFC) seeks a Supervised Visitation Monitor to work 8 hours each on Saturdays at our North Adams site.
• Facilitating supervised visits for at-risk families who have experienced domestic violence and sexual assault
• Must be comfortable working with an ‘offending’ parent and maintaining appropriate boundaries with all clients
• Enforcing strict program rules and policies
• Transitioning the child/children into and out of the visit
• Taking detailed and objective notes to be used by the Program Director for court reporting, adhering to strict guidelines to ensure client confidentiality
• Maintaining a strict schedule with no contact allowed between the visiting and custodial parties, with an emphasis on survivor and child safety
• Working collaboratively with an officer from the Berkshire County Sheriff’s Department to ensure the visitation site remains safe and secure
• Opening and closing the office as necessary
• Maintaining a clean and tidy workspace
• Completing all other duties to further EFC’s mission and to ensure that survivors are safe and are provided with professional, empathetic, affirming services within the context of the agency’s mission and consistent with grant and legal requirements
Eight hours on Saturdays, from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm. A 40-hour Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Training must be completed upon hire. On-the-job training and shadowing will also be provided. An additional two hours weekly is available for training and supervision.
Hourly rate begins at $18.50 per hour with additional increments depending on license and for bilingual English/Spanish and/or ASL skills.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is rolling until the position is filled.
EFC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Survivors of domestic or sexual violence, people of color, people with disabilities, people who are bilingual/bicultural, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Must be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
• Must be detail oriented
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
• Ability to work under pressure and handle conflict
• Knowledge of child/infant developmental milestones, and working with special needs children
• Experience working with children
• Ability to problem solve and mediate
• Commitment to fostering a workplace culture that appreciates cultural difference, and is trauma-informed and social justice-centered
• Must successfully pass Criminal Record Check-CORI and have valid Massachusetts driver’s license and transportation
• Must be reliable
• Bilingual in Spanish or ASL preferred
Boxcar Media, LLC North Adams, MA 01247 Tel: 413-663-3384 / Fax: 413-664-4251 Email: email@example.com