About us - The ECC at Hevreh is hiring!
The Early Childhood Center (ECC) at Hevreh is searching for individuals who have a passion for working with families, engaging with our community, and educating our youngest students in a responsive and caring early learning setting.
The ECC currently has full and part-time positions available.
- Candidates should possess experience in working and caring for young children.
- EEC certification is not immediately required. Hevreh will assist in earning EEC certifications.
- Please note that all Hevreh staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID.
Duties and Responsibilities - Early Childhood teachers are responsible for the early education of children in their care. Duties and responsibilities of Early Childhood Teachers include developing and delivering interactive learning programs designed to engage and educate young children. Examples of Early Childhood Teacher duties and responsibilities include:
- Establish and enforce rules of behavior for children in their classrooms
- Provide basic needs for children
- Provide tools and resources for children to use and explore during learning and play activities
- Adapt teaching methods and materials to meet the interests and learning styles of children
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with children and parents
- Manage classroom activities including lessons, play, breaks and meals
- Track children's’ progress and report to parents
- Maintain a clean and tidy classroom
- Help children reach developmental milestones
- Collaborate with others to implement lesson plans
- Encourage children to interact with each other to develop social skills
- Provide appropriate supervision for children at all times
- Maintain inventory system for classroom materials and supplies
- Facilitate various activities for children including songs, games and storytelling
- Adhere to health/safety and sanitation procedures
Skills and Qualifications - A successful Early Childhood Teacher candidate will have various skills and qualifications to perform the required duties, including the ability to effectively instruct young children, patience and communication skills with young children and the ability to adjust teaching methods to meet different learning styles. Examples of Early Childhood Teacher skills and qualifications include:
- Ability to develop activities that are fun and educational for young children
- Ability to instruct young children in rules of conduct and learning new tasks
- Ability to select the appropriate teaching method and adapt to children’s learning styles
- Ability to effectively communicate with children and parents
- Proficient active listening skills to understand and adapt to the various needs of children and parents
- Patience and compassion suitable for working with young children