At Guardian, we live our Purpose every day. As champions of wellbeing for ourselves, our communities, and consumers, we focus as a team to turn what's possible into a reality. We create experiences for you to grow and enrich your career and future as a Disability Claims Specialist. We believe in your aspirations for purpose, leadership, and achievement in your professional and personal lives.
We will help build the core competencies you will need to be a successful Disability Claims Specialist. In your first year, we will provide extensive training in a highly supportive environment. If you have an internal drive to investigate using your critical thinking skills assessing policy matters and can manage competing priorities while meeting deadlines, this is your opportunity to make a difference, grow your career, and be a part of moving the organization into the future.
In the role, you will
· Work within a team providing strong customer service making timely, but thoughtful decisions to achieve a claim determination · Analyze policy language, medical, financial and other claim documentation
· Work within a team driven and customer focused environment
· Maintain composure and direction in high pressure situations
· Have exposure to JEDI (justice, equity, diversity & inclusion) programming to support our commitment to expanding mindsets, changing behaviors, and holding ourselves accountable to inspiring well-being
· Develop and enhance your communication skills to meet the customer’s needs, while demonstrating empathy, flexibility, responsiveness, and an action-oriented approach
· Develop critical thinking and investigative techniques to issue spot, identify resources needed to assist in making claim determinations while applying factual information provided by the customer to the policy to assess eligibility
· Be expected to travel to meet with customers
You have · A college or university degree, or high school diploma with prior relevant work experience
· Experience and an interest in providing quality customer service
· Strong analytical skills, with attention to detail
· Strong written and verbal communication skills · Ability to prioritize with competing deadlines
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Location The primary office location for this position is Pittsfield, MA with occasional travel to meet business needs.
If interested, please apply to the following link. You may click "Apply to Company Website" button.
If there are any issues, please feel free to reach out: