| In 1916 Arthur C. Johnson Sr. opened his 1st new car and truck dealership. In 1964, the second generation, Arthur C. Johnson Jr. purchased the Lincoln Mercury franchise on North Street in Pittsfield, MA. By 1980 the Ford franchise was added and in 1982 moved to our current location on East Street in Pittsfield.
Today the dealership is owned by the third and fourth generations of Johnson's. Gary and his two children Tary and Chris now employ 50 people and are very active in the local community. Part of The Johnson Dealerships community support was being a proud sponsor of The Berkshire United Way's Driving The Community Forward campaign for 20years with Greylock Federal Credit Union.|