Full-time - 37.5 hours per week; Monday - Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. The Social Work, Case Manager is responsible for supporting the dignity and independence of older persons or those with disabilities in need of assistance by assessing their situations, identifying unmet needs, arranging for, coordinating and monitoring services to meet those needs, and advocating with other agencies on behalf of their client.
Bachelor Degree in social work, human services, psychology, sociology or related field preferred. Candidates with a Bachelor Degree in another discipline shall demonstrate experience and/or strong interest in the field of human services via previous employment, internship, volunteer activity and/or additional studies. Valid driver’s license, travel and reliable transportation are required. Strong Microsoft Office skills are required and database experience is preferred.
• Must be able to read and write English
• Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent telephone skills
• Commitment to working with the elderly; strong sensitivity to aging issues.
• Knowledge of community resources helpful
• Leadership ability; independent thinker; self-starter.
• Ability to work with persons with diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities
• Excellent Clinical, Social Work, and Problem solving skills.
• Accurate record keeping skills
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Ability to work under pressure, with multiple interruptions and meet deadlines
• Proficiency in Microsoft office professional and experience using databases.