Company Description: Lenco is the nation’s leading designer and manufacturer of Tactical Armored Security Vehicles for Response and Rescue missions. We serve all Law Enforcement, Military and Government security agencies and are a prominent supplier both domestically and internationally. Lenco is a privately-held, family-owned company in business since 1981. We have 110 employees and three manufacturing facilities in Pittsfield, MA. with nearly 160,000 sf of factory and office space. Lenco armored vehicles are in all the top US cities and in use in over 45 countries around the world. Our business is growing and we are expanding to meet worldwide demand. Please visit www.LencoArmor.com to learn more.
High School or Equivalent
Mechanical Systems experience - Preference: Required
Electrical Systems experience - Preference: Required
ASE Certification - Preference: Preferred
Valid Driver's License - Preference: Required
JOB SUMMARY: Assemble armored vehicles ensuring functionality of systems. Carry out electrical and mechanical assembly of components on painted trucks bodies. See vehicle through final inspection for customer delivery.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Run electrical wiring using in-house built and prebuilt wiring harnesses.
• Install all interior and exterior lighting following workorders and Lenco standards.
• Install exterior electronics such as thermal cameras, 360 camera systems, sirens etc.
• Install exterior components such as ballistic glass, bumpers, hitches, roof turrets, gun ports, winches etc.
• Install interior components such as seats, cabinets, benches, carpets etc.
• Adhere to existing work practices, procedures and policies.
• Understand and comply with safety and environmental policies.
• Must own mechanics tool set in accordance to Lenco standard tool list.
• Work with other teams on shop floor to ensure trucks are built on schedule.
• Three plus (3+) years in the automotive industry working on mechanical and electrical systems.
• High school diploma required
• Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is plus
• ASE certification required. Preferred qualifications L2 or A6-A7 or E1-E3 or T6-T7. (preferred qualifications must be obtained within 1 yr. of employment)
• Valid driver’s license
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of electrical and hydraulic systems and their components.
• Knowledgeable in air conditioning, suspension and other mechanical systems.
• Attention to detail and independent drive a must.
• Knowledge of Ford vehicles a plus
• Must be able to pass physical exam
• Ability to lift a minimum of 70 lbs.
• Ability to exert maximum force to pull, and carry objects
• Must be able to climb into, onto and under vehicle
• Extended periods of sitting, standing, bending, squatting and kneeling
• Vision a minimum 20/40 with or without corrective lenses
• Lenco Industries supports and complies with all Federal and State Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) requirements. All employees are required to comply with and participate in all Lenco Industries’ SHE programs. Safety is everyone’s responsibility. Working safely is a precondition of employment.
• Heated and well-ventilated factory with bright lighting and epoxied floors.
• Work T-shirts provided every 6 months.
• Team Environment with periodic company luncheons and celebratory functions.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.