Company Description: Bard College at Simon's Rock--The Early College--is the only college in the country specifically designed for bright, highly motivated students ready to enter college after the 10th or 11th grade. Simon's Rock offers a challenging program in the liberal arts and sciences, taught by a supportive, highly-trained faculty, composed of leading scholars in their fields. The College grants degrees in more than 35 majors. Located in Great Barrington, in the beautiful Berkshires of Western Massachusetts, the College enrolls approximately 400 students.
Program Associate, Early College Research Institute
Reporting to the Director of the Alumni Library, the Early College Research Institute (ECRI) Program Associate will provide support and oversight for ECRI collections, oversee day to day operation of ECRI, and collaborate with the library staff broadly on a range of aspects of library operations.
This position’s primary responsibilities include:
• maintaining the Simon’s Rock Archives and ECRI collections, including processing new materials and managing projects related to existing collections;
• responding to inquiries and research requests, both internal and external;
• identifying and developing new collections and collecting areas for the Simon’s Rock Archives and ECRI;
• communicating with multiple departments and constituencies to ensure smooth and continuous transfer of materials into the collections;
• developing ECRI program literature, website content, and promotion strategies;
• participate in planning and arrangement of conferences, retreats, and meetings; and
• support planning and publication of digital academic content.
Required education and skills include:
• bachelor’s degree required; coursework in history, oral history, ethnography, or other subjects relevant to archives is desirable;
• experience with or demonstrated knowledge of early college;
• proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps and aptitude for learning new technologies;
• research competency;
• ability to be flexible, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and prioritize projects;
• effective communications skills in person, in writing, and online;
• ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
• ability to handle sensitive and confidential information; and
• ability to work with diverse faculty, staff, and students.
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. This is a full-time, 12-month position. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Please send a letter of interest and resume to Brian MIkesell, Library Director, at email@example.com with “Program Associate” in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Bard College at Simon’s Rock and Bard Academy are equal opportunity employers and we encourage applications from those who contribute to our diversity, as the values of equity and inclusion are core to our institutional mission. AA/EOE.