Company Description: Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Berkshire Family YMCA, you’ll discover more than a job – you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Our staff members – of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences – enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
If you want to work in an environment that promotes Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility, please consider the Berkshire Family YMCA.
Some College Coursework Completed
Up to One Year
The Berkshire Family YMCA is looking for educators to support children as they navigate the world of remote learning, at our North Adams Branch and our Pittsfield Branch. Must be committed to communicating with parents & teachers & creatively problem solving health & safety requirements. Our childcare programs operate Monday through Friday & applicants must be available for shifts starting as early as 6 AM or ending as late as 5:30 PM.
- Be able to pass CORI & fingerprinting checks through the Department of Early Education & Care (EEC).
- Be at least 20 years old.
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in any field or an Associate's Degree in Child Development, Child Psychology, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Human Services, Nursing, Physical Education, Psychology, Recreation, Social Work, Sociology, or the arts AND 9 months of experience working with school age children.
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Child Development, Child Psychology, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Human Services, Nursing, Physical Education, Psychology, Recreation, Social Work, Sociology, or the arts.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent AND 1 year of experience working with school age children.
- Have reliable transportation.