Company Description: North Adams, Massachusetts, offers an unparalleled combination of natural beauty and outdoor recreation, world class art and culture, and the entrepreneurial and innovation spirit to make the most of these resources and amenities. The City of North Adams is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to providing effective, efficient, and responsive public services to residents and visitors alike.
Fiscal and Compliance Officer
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program experience - Preference: Preferred
State grant management system (OCD/GMS) experience - Preference: Preferred
The Fiscal and Compliance Officer (FCO) carries out all fiscal activities for state and federal grants awarded to the City of North Adams and managed through the Office of Community Development (OCD). Partial funding for this position is contingent upon funding through the annual Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) allocations to the City of North Adams.
• Financial management, drawdowns, record keeping, financial postings, report preparation, and related activities. A centerpiece of this work is fiscal management and compliance of federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) awards issued to the city through the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development.
• Bank reconciliation, accounts payable and receivable, as well as procurement and purchasing activities.
• Review of all submitted certified payroll records on all grant related construction activity to ensure contractors are conforming to wage compliance.
• Preparation of warrants for both project related matters and departmental payroll.
• Project support, including grant and RFP research, proposal development, and post-award management.
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience and qualifications
• Associate’s degree in accounting or related discipline with a minimum of three (3) years relevant professional experience; bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program experience preferred.
• State grant management system (OCD/GMS) experience strongly preferred.
• Municipal KVS software experience preferred.
• Grant and RFP research, development, and management skills preferred.
• Proven commitment to professionalism and confidentiality.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Command of the Microsoft Office suite, including ability to create forms, templates, worksheets and presentations as needed.
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently as an individual contributor.
• Familiarity and experience with government operations and policies desired.
The position requires a moderate amount of walking, standing, sitting, and climbing stairs and step stool whenever necessary. Activities also include moderate physical exertion in body movement such as reaching, bending, twisting, grasping, pushing, and pulling of objects. The position requires lifting objects of 20 pounds on a frequent basis, and over 20 pounds occasionally. There is a frequent requirement of fine manipulation associated with the required use of a computer, typewriter, keyboard, calculator, and other business machines.
The incumbent is required to work indoors. The regular chemical solvents are toners, inks, and cleaning fluids.
Boxcar Media, LLC North Adams, MA 01247 Tel: 413-663-3384 / Fax: 413-664-4251 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org