Company Description: Darrow School, an independent, co-ed, boarding and day school for grades 9-12, located on the New York State side of the Berkshires, offers a comprehensive and individually focused college-preparatory curriculum that features a unique combination of classroom instruction, experiential learning, and environmental consciousness. Students learn within an atmosphere that supports the pursuit of intellectual curiosity, individual creativity, and the joy of learning. The School has been recognized as a pioneer in the field of “hands-on learning,” and Darrow teachers use real-world topics and a dynamic
approach to make the subject matter come alive. Darrow School’s mission is dedicated to serving students with a wide variety of backgrounds and abilities, building on each student’s individual talents and interests to inspire enduring confidence for success in college and life.
Darrow School is located on 325 acres in the Town of New Lebanon, and comprised of 21 buildings, 16 of which are Shaker-built and designated as Registered National Historic Landmark buildings.
Darrow School does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, age, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, or sexual orientation, in the administration of any of its employment practices, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, educational, athletic, recreational, and other school-administered programs.
Darrow School is an equal opportunity employer boasting a beautiful work setting and a supportive community environment.
Director of Strategic Marketing and Communications
The Darrow School offers an opportunity for a dynamic, team-oriented, and experienced marketing and communications professional to join a small, independent school community in strengthening our brand and finding innovate new ways to speak to our market.
The Director of Strategic Marketing and Communications [DSMC] oversees all aspects of communications and marketing for the School, serving advancement and alumnae/i needs, admission needs, parent needs, and other institutional needs. The Director will manage Darrow’s social media presence and ensure that all online activity created by Darrow constituents is in keeping with our brand strategy. This is a full-time, 12-month administrative position with some evening and weekend hours as needed. The DSMC reports directly to the Head of School.
For full posting please visit https://www.darrowschool.org/Employment.
All interested in applying must submit to firstname.lastname@example.org a cover letter, resume and three (3) writing samples. Please no phone calls.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Five or more years’ experience in communications or a related field is preferred
- Ability to maintain relentless positivity in a collaborative, fast paced environment;
- Demonstrated ability to make co-workers look and perform better than they otherwise would;
- Demonstrated experience in communications and marketing at an educational institution (or other
- Solution-based approach to challenges;
- Outstanding writing and copy-editing skills;
- Unfailingly meets deadlines;
- Experience with management and content for social media platforms in a professional capacity
- Experience with a variety of digital communications platforms and website content management
- Ability to use photography/video equipment, including editing software;
- Ability to develop strong collegial and professional relationships with a range of constituents;
- Ability to effectively manage a demanding workload, multiple projects and competing priorities;
possess strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and an ability to work well under
pressure to meet deadlines;
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time and to prioritize tasks, integrate data from different
departments, and be focused on achieving results;
- Experience with boarding school preferred;
- Strong computer literacy
- Basic design skills