Company Description: Aftermarket Auto Parts retailer
Additional Business Name: NAPA
Outside Sales Rep Pittsfield & Gt Barrington
Position Mission: To professionally represent the Automotive Parts Group and NAPA to our wholesale customers. This is a sales-orientated position with focus on growth of sales and profits for company-owned NAPA Auto Parts stores. Having developed a full understanding of NAPA programs, is responsible for presenting and selling the programs to all potential customers. Communicate monthly wholesale strategy to all store personnel in assigned territory. The success of the Outside Sales Rep is measured by the sales and profit results of the assigned store
Position Performance Measures: (List the key performance indicators.)
Responsibilities: The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management. List the significant activities that support that function, for instance manage the annual store audit process. Where possible use language that ties the job back to the company mission and vision.
The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management
Customer Focus, Revenue Growth:
? Grow NAPA Auto Parts store customer base through:
o Sales program presentation.
o NAPA AutoCare program enrollment and retention.
o All aspects of customer connectivity (TRACS, ProLink, WebConnect CRM)
o Customer clinics and special events (one per month min.) such as:
? Tool & Equipment shows
? Dealer open houses.
? Manufacturer/NIAT training clinics
? Growth and management of customer sales and business relations.
? Implement and report in-store sales programs.
? Wholesale account collections through the A/R Center.
? Wholesale account sales calls (average 10 per day)
? Schedule and lead monthly in-store sales meetings.
? Manage wholesale custom pricing.
? Assist customers in managing dealer inventories through:
o Stock orders.
o Inventory rotations/obsolescence protection.
o Changeovers on competitive merchandise.
? Work with manufacturer’s representatives to improve program offerings, and grow customer knowledge of lines.
? Conduct and report on territory sales surveys.
? Manage all wholesale and in-store labor claims.
? Achieve ASE Parts Specialist certification
? Conduct monthly review of collection reports and assist customers to bring account up to date.
? In-store responsibilities as deemed necessary by management.
? Safeguard Genuine Parts Company assets, such as vehicles, samples, equipment and customer relationships.
? Maintenance of Show and Sell sample accounts.
? Care and maintenance of assigned company vehicle.
? Complete and submit daily sales call reports and order copies.
? Monthly custom pricing changes reporting.
? Any additional reporting required by management.
Experience, Education, and Abilities: (what does a person accepting the position have to bring with them to successfully fulfill the minimum job responsibilities. Include working conditions here as well.)
• Prior experience in a NAPA store or other retail experience in the automotive industry
• 2+ years experience in a customer focused role.
• High school diploma required, 2 or more years college preferred.
• Understand and demonstrate basic selling skills such as preparing for the sales call, managing the customer meeting, handling customer resistance, closing the sale, and account maintenance.
• Demonstrates professionalism, good judgment and a strong work ethic.
• Able to establish and maintain good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service.
• Be functionally literate and capable of understanding and recognizing part numbers and line codes to ensure proper selection and delivery of parts, including identifying sequences of numbers and letters accurately and rapidly.
• Have a well-groomed, neat appearance, complying with NAPA policies on conduct and dress.
• Be functionally literate and visually capable of recognizing and distinguishing letters and numbers, including identifying sequences of numbers and letters accurately and rapidly.
• Able to speak clearly and listen attentively.
• Able to work on feet (stand and walk) for entire assigned work shift.
• Able to repeatedly bend or stoop to floor-level shelves and able to reach upper shelves (ten feet) with use of stool or ladder when necessary.