Company Description: The mission of Berkshire Housing is to improve the quality of life in Berkshire County by increasing affordable housing opportunities, and to provide professional property management.
Additional Business Name: Berkshire Housing
To Commensurate With Experience
GENERAL: Responsible for financial records and activities of companies under contract with Berkshire Housing Services, Inc. Responsible for compliance with state and federal financial regulations. Assist in financial matters for BHSI, BHDC and properties under BHSI managed portfolio.
SPECIFIC Responsible for properly recording all financial transactions in a timely manner
RESPONSIBILITIES: to accurately reflect the financial position of each entity; responsible for the preparation of all financial reports and records of such entities; responsible for complying with all state and federal regulations affecting the financial operations of each entity; assisting with the budget preparation of entities under contract with BHSI; will serve as back-up for Accounting Department reporting directly to Accounting Manager.
• Preparation of financial statements monthly for entities by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from other departments.
• Prepare financial reports and correspondence for/to project owners and agencies per management agreements.
• Analyze information by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
• Prepares general ledger entries with supporting records and files; reconciling accounts.
• Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements
• Keep current schedule of entity accounts, where located, type of account, and yield.
• Preparing bank reconciliations and managing other bank activities.
• Answers accounting and financial question by researching and interpreting data.
• Prepare any financial information required by other staff members or property representative.
• Assist in budget preparation for entities in conjunction with the Vice President of Finance and Accounting Manager
• Assist the Property Managers in preparation and analysis of budgets on either a monthly or ad-hoc basis as needed.
• Compile information required for auditors and assist with audit performance completion
• Cross train with each employee to assist with workflow as needed and to update policies and procedures on a consistent basis.
• Relevant administrative duties.
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. It is expected you will perform any and all tasks normally associated with a job of this type.
REQUIREMENTS: 1) Bachelor’s Degree
2) 3+ years of accounting experience required
3) Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
4) Experience with Yardi, Timberline and ReSMan software a plus
5) High attention to detail and accuracy
6) Highly organized, with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet