Company Description: Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health is a nonprofit educational organization dedicated to empowering people and communities to realize their full potential through the wisdom and practice of yoga. The most established retreat center for yoga, health, and holistic living in North America, we have been teaching skills for optimal living for more than 40 years. You don't need to be a yogi to work at Kripalu-we want everyone who is looking for challenging and inspiring work!
Our competitive benefits for full-time employees include paid time off, medical and dental insurance, disability insurance, and retirement and flexible spending accounts. All of our staff enjoy the use of our facilities, program benefits, Healing Arts and Kripalu Shop discounts, discounts to eat meals in our Dining Hall, and an extraordinary Employee Assistance Program.
Please note: Our positions do not include housing, housing benefits, or housing allowances.
The Facilities Electrician is responsible for diversified duties associated with the repair, maintenance and installation of electrical fixtures, equipment, controllers, and the performance of general wiring, in accordance with established electrical codes and regulations. As a member of the Facilities team this role will respond to requests throughout Kripalu Center in order to make necessary maintenance repairs in a positive, polite and timely manner.
• Diagnose malfunctioning electrical equipment, transformers, motors, outlets and fixtures, repair or replace as appropriate.
• Replace faulty electrical components such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices.
• Plans layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit and electrical apparatus in buildings and facilities.
• Ensures all electrical work is performed in accordance with applicable electrical codes.
• Hold and maintain a valid Journeyman Electrical License in the state of Massachusetts. Attend any required continuing education needed to remained licensed.
• Order electrical inventory needed for repairs, ensuring the acquisition of the most reliable equipment at the most competitive price.
• Maintain inventory of all electrical and related supplies and equipment in a safe and secure manner.
• Schedule and perform routine electrical maintenance in a manner that minimizes impact to guests and staff.
• Maintain & monitor fire detection systems in all buildings working with jurisdictional authorities and vendors, to ensure compliance with all related standards and codes.
• Oversee and coordinate the efforts of staff and vendors in the completion of electrical projects as assigned by Director of Operations.
• Review daily Maintenance Requests, prioritize and complete electrical requests,
• Maintain and adjust heating and hot water systems using computer controls.
• Inspect interiors and exteriors of all buildings for deficiencies, maintenance requirements, and health / safety for guests and staff.
• Assist with requests regarding issues pertaining to water systems and steam and gas supplies.
• Train junior maintenance technicians in areas that are needed.
• Communicate issues and concerns to Director of Operations.
• Perform ongoing monitoring of facilities systems including but not limited to hot tubs, fire alarm systems, respond to remedy cause for failure and/or malfunctions.
• Perform on-call emergency response as assigned.
• Perform shop work for general repair needs and other general maintenance duties in support of new facilities projects, including the operation of utilities.
• Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience
• Current Journeyman Electrical License in the state of Massachusetts.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the installation, repair and maintenance of facilities, equipment and systems.
• Demonstrated mechanical ability for operation and repair of equipment.
• Ability to inspect, diagnose, troubleshoot and repair electrical components, systems and wiring, to ensure smooth operation.
• Demonstrated knowledge of all related electrical, safety and building standards, regulations and codes.
• Basic trade mathematical skills in order to calculate quantities of materials.
• Experience with skilled trade tools and familiarity with parts and materials required.
• Familiarity with plumbing systems, fixtures, piping materials, sizes, and measurements.
• Demonstrated ability to use relational and shop tools and equipment including threading machine, electric snakes, and equipment for sweating, basic hand tools, table saw, drill press, band saw, electric planner and router.
• Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
• Must be available for on-call duty and weekend coverage as needed.
Must be available for on-call duty and weekend coverage as needed. Attendance at scheduled meetings is required