Company Description: McCann Technical School opened in 1962 and for the past 55 years has offered quality vocational/technical education for generations of Berkshire County residents. Our mission is to graduate technically skilled, academically proficient and socially responsible individuals ready to meet the challenges of the 21st century. Our educational philosophy is sustained by a staff dedicated to customer focus and satisfaction through continuous improvement.
High School or Equivalent
Letters of application are being accepted for the position of 2nd shift custodian. The hours are 3:00 PM to 11:15 PM Monday through Friday. The ability to work independently, with initiative is crucial. The ability to work cooperatively and interactively with students, staff, parents and the public is vital with this position. This position reports to the principal through the district maintenance supervisor.
1. Knowledge and experience in the methods, materials, equipment and safety precautions used in performing custodial and maintenance work.
2. Knowledge and experience in the proper use of custodial supplies, synthetic detergents, soaps, scouring powders, waxes, etc., and the proper techniques in using them in various applications, floors, walls, lavatory room equipment, furniture and other building furnishings and equipment.
3. Knowledge and experience in the maintenance of buildings, appurtenances, grounds, vehicles and equipment including experience in snow plowing.
4. Knowledge and experience in the operation, maintenance and repair of heating and ventilating systems.
5. Knowledge and experience in the use of power and hand tools including floor machines, lawn mowers, snow blowers and similar equipment.
6. Knowledge and experience in painting, carpentry, and mechanical repair.
7. Knowledge and experience in fire and accident prevention, operation and maintenance of fire extinguishers, alarms and detectors.
8. Ability to follow written and oral instructions, work as a team member and develop harmonious working relationships.
9. Demonstrated physical fitness to perform a variety of manual tasks germane to building, grounds and equipment maintenance and ability to perform at various heights.
10. Ability to receive and unload delivery of supplies and equipment.
11. Demonstrated neat appearance, sound moral character, integrity, and flexibility.
12. Ability to work cooperatively with student and staff, especially young adults.
13. Ability to cover additional shifts as required.
14. Must possess a valid Massachusetts driver’s license.
DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for cleaning and maintaining assigned areas.
2. Responsible for maintain grounds and athletic fields when assigned.
3. Responsible for snow plowing and snow removal.
4. Responsible for general maintenance activities, painting, minor repairs etc., when assigned.
5. Responsible for building security.
6. Responsible for receiving and stowing of any deliveries.
7. Perform regular assigned duties of the custodial position.
8. Perform any other duties as directed.
$21.89 per hr. includes 10% shift differential
LETTER OF APPLICATIONS AND RESUME TO:
James J. Brosnan, Superintendent
McCann Technical School
70 Hodges Cross Road
North Adams, Massachusetts 01247
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 18, 2021
Boxcar Media, LLC North Adams, MA 01247 Tel: 413-663-3384 / Fax: 413-664-4251 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org